Chapter 4. Conflictive

Start from the beginning

"You okay there, Hermione?"

She jumped a little at the friendly voice and turned to smile at Neville.

"I'm okay, thanks. I need to get going actually, Slughorn will be waiting." She told him.

"Oh, right..." Neville paused, "would you like me to walk you there?"

Hermione shook her head, "I'll be fine alone, I'll see you later, Neville."

He beamed at her and Hermione retrieved her bag then begun the short trek to Slughorn's classroom.

"Surprised to see you on time." She commented as she fell into step beside Draco in the corridor.

"Bugger off, Granger."

"You know, it's your fault we're in this bloody mess." Hermione snapped as she shoved open the classroom door with her shoulder.

"If I recall correctly," Draco leaned back on one of the tables, "it was you who punched me. Frustrated?"

Hermione straightened her back and her face scrunched up in confusion. She hated how he looked so relaxed.

"What?"

"Oh, come on, Granger. It's common for people to turn to...physical aggression when their needs aren't being met."

Draco smirked at his fingernails and she felt her cheeks heat up a little.

"What are you insinuating?"

"That Weasley's performance in bed is terrible." He shrugged his shoulders casually.

Hermione spluttered on her breath and stepped a little closer to him.

"You are so bloody crass, Malfoy!"

"But I'm not wrong?" He grinned.

Her heart thudded a little harder against her rib cage and she looked away in embarrassment.

"Wait..." Draco paused, "you don't know, do you?"

His smirk widened.

"I don't really think it's any of your business." She raised her chin defiantly.

Draco pushed himself away from the table and further into her space. She smelt like cinnamon and tangy cranberries, he noticed. A smell he had become somewhat familiar with thanks to their close proximity in lesson.

"I must say I'm surprised." said Draco.

"Wh–"

He ran his eyes over her petite figure once, "even the Weasel has standards."

Hermione tightened her hand around her wand and felt her magic practically singe her fingertips. She ground her teeth together painfully and he smirked as her jaw ticked, her golden eyes ablaze with fury. How dare he speak to her like that.

She stepped daringly closer, "and I see you've set the bar low enough to choose girls who barely have two brain cells to rub together. How is that you impress them, Malfoy? Daddy's fortune?" She mocked.

Draco seethed and pushed her backwards until she was trapped between his body and the desk behind her.

"Don't mention my fucking father!"