Crystal looked at me speechless, then looked down at her lap before speaking again.

Crystal: "You're right." She paused, then looked up at me. "You do sound crazy." She said, picking up her things before she headed to the door.

Takanori: "Wait." I called out to stop her from storming out.

Layla: "Hey, what's going on? Where are you going? "Layla asked, walking back into the cafe.

Takanori: "Gem!" I said, trying to stop her. Crystal halted in her 'tracks,' then she looked at me. There was a glimmer of remembrance in her eyes. Her expression was a mixture of shock and showed that the nickname "Gem" resonated with her.

Crystal: "I have somewhere I have to be. Call me later." She said to Layla before rushing out of the cafe.

Layla: "Wait." Layla said, watching the door close. "What did you do?" Layla asked as I followed behind Crystal.

Takanori: "Nothing." I quickly said, opening the door to catch her, but she sped off.

And just like that, I was back to square one. "Was I wrong? Were you not my gem?" I thought.

After convincing Layla that I did nothing to make Crystal leave, Naoto came to take Layla to get her bag back. After declining Layla's offer of accompanying them to get her things, I got in my car and headed to the only person who knew the woman with my mother's ring.

Ite Hiki.

Arriving at Seibo Hospital, I asked for directions to room 378 and made my trek to Hiki's room bearing gifts. Thankfully I had the presents of mind this morning to tell my assistant to buy an orchid and a fruit basket because, with all that went on today, I wouldn't have had time to get anything. While looking for the room, the sound of a very familiar and joyous laughed let me know I was close.

Takanori: "Hiki, Hiki, Hiki. If you scare me like this again, I'm going to have to tell your husband about us." I said, entering room 378.

Hiki: "Young Iwata, is that you?" Hiki asked. I could see the silhouette of her sitting up in her hospital bed in the curtain that gave her some privacy.

Takanori: "Of course. What kind of lover would I be if I didn't come to see you?" I said, putting my gifts on an already congested table. "It looks like I'm not your only side piece," I said, referring to the plethora of small gifts, cards, and flowers in her room.

Hiki: "Most of those are from my husband." Hiki giggled.

Takanori: Of course, if I had a woman like you. I would drown you with flowers too. I said, drawing the curtain back to see her. "Hi, Hiki." I smiled when I saw her.

Hiki: "Hello." She smiled.

Takanori: "I hear you took a nasty fall a few days ago." I said, taking a seat next to her.

Hiki: "Oh my, who told you that, my husband? She asked. He's so dramatic. I just got a bit dizzy and off-balanced, and now he wants me to run some tests to check on my health. I told him I was fine after the first night, but he insists I stay one more night to make sure." She explained.

Takanori: "You have a very caring husband." I said.

Hiki: "I know." She smiled so sweetly I could tell she was thinking of him.

Old love was refreshing to see. Nowadays, the thought of being with one person for the rest of your life didn't seem realistic. Monogamy is quickly becoming a novelty, and I can't say I have helped in the slightest. Women and I have what I like to call a love-love-lust relationship. I love them, they love me back, and we love each other until the lust runs out. I'm not complaining because I get what I ask for, but that changed three years ago when I almost lost my mother. While waiting for the doctor's verdict, I realized if things went south, I'd be alone, the only woman I ever loved, gone. Two days after she pulled through, we both made promises to each other. I'd promise that I'd bring the woman I had fallen for to meet her, and she'd promised that she'd do whatever it took to stay alive to see the day. Since then, I've been looking for the one woman that has ever made me feel genuinely loved. I've never been this close to knowing who she was, and yet I delayed asking the only person with the answer. I guess seeing Hiki in a hospital bed made it hard for me to ask about something so trivial to her.

Hiki: "Oh yes, Takanori, before I forget again. You asked about my granddaughter's friend, right?" She asked.

Takanori: "I did, but you don't have to worry your head about it. You just worry about getting back on your feet."

Hiki: "I'm not worrying my head about anything. I remember her name. Forgive my old brain. Some things tend to slip out, and you caught me by surprise with your enthusiasm when you asked about her. I just couldn't seem to recall her name. Forgive me for that. You had to wait so long for a name that, if I remembered at the time, you could have already met with her."

Takanori: "It's okay. I did spring it on you suddenly."

Hiki: "Well, either way. The young lady in the photo is." Hiki was 'cut off' by a voice.

"Mrs. Ite? Is that you? Are you awake?" A young woman said before she pulled the curtain.

Hiki: "Her." Hiki said, finishing her sentence. "What wonderful timing," Hiki said pleasantly. "Iwata Takanori, this is Crystal Jackson. Crystal, my dear, this is Takanori, he said he has been looking for you for a while." Hiki introduced us.

I stared blankly at the woman who stormed out of the cafe this morning. "I knew it," I said under my breath. Yet again, for the second time today, she stormed off. Jumping up from Hiki side, I went after her. I wasn't letting her go this time.

This time she was all mine.