"I'm so sorry for asking."

This time, Kanao didn't reply and instead turned to look towards the beautifully painted sky. Streaks of luminescent blues and purples appearing in quite literally a flash, lighting up dark night.

Kagome, taking this as Kanao not accepting her apology, rather than the truth which was that Kanao just didn't know how to reply, stood up and bowed one final time before heading back to her room.

"Kagome, you're wrapping the bandages too tightly again, " Aoi snapped, annoyed for having to correct Kagome once more. The other girls in the room tending to the other injured demon slayers all giggled, amused by Aoi's annoyance.

Kagoms looked and saw that the arm of her patient had turned a purplish-blue color because of her incorrectly tight wrapping.

"Ah, sorry!" She said as she hastily unwrapped the bandages so that she could rewrap them the correct way. The male demon slayer gave her a closed-eyed smile while rubbing his neck with his undamaged hand, claiming it was alright even though the lack of circulation was beginning to cause him pain- though not nearly as much as his injury underneath the bandages. While Kagome was busy fixing her mistake, Aoi went to the medical supply room to put away the medicine she had Kagome apply to the demon slayer's wound.

The room was large, containing all of their medical supplies. There were ceiling-high shelves with jars sat atop them and cupboards too. Aoi used the latter that they kept in the room so she could reach one of the tall shelves. After putting the jar she that had been carrying away, she noticed that some of the jars were getting to the point of having to be refilled. Sighing, she began the tedious task of figuring out what all needed to be refilled.

"Let's see....We should have enough zolpidem...fentanyl...doxazosin...." Aoi mumbled the names allowed as she went through each labeled jar, deciding which ones needed to be refilled or replaced. She made a mental list and left the room to inform Shinobu that they needed to restock some of the medicines as well as some other supplies.

"Thank you for telling me, Aoi. Be safe during your trip to the market, okay?"

"Yes sensei, "Aoi said with a quick bow and left the room. She headed towards the room Kagome was currently in- helping patients- to ask her if she would like to come with. Aoi figured that Kagome hadn't really left the estate grounds for quite a while so she would enjoy going on a little outing. Aoi was right because when she asked Kagome, she immediately replied with,

"I would love too, thank you so much for inviting me sensei!"

Kagome loved going outside. While she could still go outside even when at the mansion, it wasn't enough to quench her thirst for discovering new things. Though it did for a little while at least.

"If you're ready then let's leave now, we still have work to do once we get back."

"Okay sensei!" Kagome said enthusiastically, excited to see a new town and it's inhabitants.

Their journey to the town was quick and silent. Kagome too busy memorizing their route to say anything while Aoi- not that she was much of a talker anyway- was too busy making sure they were going the right way.

The town was large, larger than the lilliputian village that Kagome had grown up in. Many types of people were everywhere.