"I'd say the odds are quite high

"I'd say the odds are quite high." John B says after testing the wind on his finger covered in saliva and beer. I just chuckle at him. 

"So why does everyone know except, Kie?" I ask. 

"Well... Kie and Sarah haven't really gotten along. She doesn't like to tell the tale either." I could tell they didn't even know. So I left it like that. 

"So are you two dating now are something?" Moving the conversation back on track. 

"Well... I wouldn't say dating...I think she's still technically with Topper." 

"Wait, hold on, what?" I am severely confused. 

"Basically, lover boy over here is still being chased by DCS to go into foster care, Sarah became his knight in shining armor, one thing led to another and..." JJ explains. He turns his back and pretends to be making out with a girl. We all giggle.

"Not quite there, chief. Yes, Sarah helped me hide from DCS for a bit. She and Topper apparently got into a fight over something and she wanted to get out of town. So, we went to the mainland and shopped around." John B thoroughly explains. 

"Ohhhhh how cute!!!" I squeal jokingly. "John B and Sarah, kissin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I sing, Pope and JJ burst out laughing while John B blushes. "Did anything else happen?" I say, waiting for more gossip. 

"Well, when we got back, it was pouring rain and we agreed to go back to our own lives. I just... wasn't ready to act like none of it had happened. And we ... "He scratched the back of his neck. I know he's embarrassed to go into so much detail. Why can't boys gossip too? 

I can only imagine the end of his spontaneous date though... 

"Well, as much as I don't really like her either, if she makes you happy I support it

"Well, as much as I don't really like her either, if she makes you happy I support it." I smile. 

"Oh shit, dude look at the time. We gotta get the keg for the boneyard ready." JJ pops up. 

"Boneyard?" I ask. 

"Oh yeah, there's another boneyard party for the new tourist in town. You comin'?" JJ asks. I nod. 

"We're gonna go get the keg. You guys stayin' here?" John B asked, looking at me and Pope. 

"Yeah,  we'll wait for Kie. She said somethin' about coming here when she gets off work," Pope said. Speaking of Kie... I got a lot to ask you, Pope. The two boys nod and leave. I immediately turn to Pope. 

"You and Kie. Talk to me." He sighs, clearly annoyed. 

"Why does everyone think I have something for Kie?" He asks. 

"Ok ok, let's just cut the bullshit. I'm not telling anyone. I'm not judging you. I can just see that's it's bothering you, keeping it all bottled up inside." I look at him, trying to sound as genuine and trusting as possible. 

"I admit, I love Kie. But as a friend. Could there be feelings farther than that? Maybe. I just don't want to find that out and possibly lose her in the process." He says, looking down at the ground. 

"You don't know that until you try!" I hype him up. 

"Kodi, there's a rule for a reason. If the rule wasn't there, I bet you our friend dynamic would not be the same and I know how much it means to Kie to keep it that way." Pope looks me straight in the eyes. I know to back down. 

We hear a car honking in the front yard. 

"That must be Kie..." I say as we both get up. there's clearly some tension between me and Pope since I brought it up. He's mad. Oh god, now I feel guilty. We go out to meet Kie. 

With a smile plastered on her face, Kie jumped out of the car. 

"Who's ready for the Boneyard Bash!!!!" 

                        cutie... :)