26.

Alpha was silent throughout our ride, I didn't bother to start any conversation either. I know what he wants which I am not willing to comply. Whole time I glanced in his way but he was looking straight even when we entered our territory. We reached pack house soon and looks like things went smoothly in Alpha's absence.

I parked the car in garage before I could get out of the car Alpha grabbed my hand tightly, not roughly. A sighed escaped my mouth, as soon as it did I shut my mouth. I didn't turn to him but sat in my seat.

"Oliver, before you go inside I want to know why you think it's a better idea to keep hoping? Why you can't reject him?"

My mood wasn't good but this constant question was making it worse. Nobody can understand kind of the pain I am feeling or will feel if I'll reject him. And of all the people Alpha is the one who is asking me to do it, I can't doubt his intentions. He is devoted to the pack, to us. There must be a good strong reason as to why he wants it. But the more I think about Elliot, the more my heart ache. His smile, his dimple, his lips, his touch and his eyes. Oh god his eyes. Even when he is born to be with me, he is not with me which break my heart more. I have left a only few days to spend with him, may be not as a mate but I can be by his side as friend. I should be allowed to this.

"Oliver?" Alpha's voice snapped me out of my train of thoughts.

"You said he is here for a couple of weeks. I want to be happy with his during this time. What difference will it make if I do that?"

"Let me tell you straight, can keep your distance? Can you avoid him if you both are in the same room? Can you ignore him if he is looking at you?"

More than being angry, I wanted to cry. No, I can't do any of that. The only person's attention I want is his. I can't keep my distance, I can't ignore him. I can't. He is the only family I can have. I can't lose him. My fist clenched on the steering wheel turning it white. My eyes were hurting, tears threatening to role down my cheeks.

"You know that there is a spy in our pack which we still have to find. If his hands get on Elliot, they will use him as our weakness. Not only we'll risk him, we will risk the whole pack. I know it's too much to ask. But you have to understand this is for his good." Alpha's voice was low now. He rubbed my arms to make me feel a little good but it was not helping.

"If I reject him, he will be staying here so the bond will have a time to heal. It will not make a difference to the current situation." I stated.

"Yeah. But what about if he leave? Rejection certainly can weak your bond. We just have to make sure he leave before it can heal." He gave me a side hug.." I am so sorry, Oliver. If we had another option, we would have happily choose it over it. I am so so sorry." He gripped me tightly. His long arms caged me entirely. But I couldn't bring myself to accept his hug. He is not the one whom I want to hug. I swollowed the lump and tried my hardest to not break here infornt of him.

After one or two minutes later we both left the car and entered the house. Everything seemed normal. There were noises coming from the kitchen. It's nine so they are obviously preparing dinner. I was not in the mood to talk or eat so I moved in the direction of my room when there was a loud thud noise from the kitchen following by a scream which I reconized as Drew's. I hurried there, Drew was on the floor on his back grunting in pain.

"God! Drew I have never seen someone as clumsy as you in the kitchen." Elliot managed to say in between his laugh. Drew just hissed more and tried to get up but the floor was so slippery that he fell in more wierd postion which made Elliot laugh more. Drew's eyes shot to me and Alpha and he cursed under his breath. And the fact that  there are other members in the kitchen made Drew more angry.