Chapter 3- Invasion of Asgard

Start from the beginning

"What's going to happen to me?" I ask.

"I'll find a way to save you, Kaitlyn," Thor reassures me.

"Am I going to die?"

"No. I won't let that happen." Thor says, placing a hand on my cheek.

"Your father. He said there was..."

"My father doesn't know everything," Thor says.

"Don't let him hear you say that." I hear a woman from behind me say. I turn around to see a beautiful older woman with red hair, wearing a blue and silver dress and a grey shawl.

"Kaitlyn Summers, please meet Frigga, Queen of Asgard, and my mother." Thor introduces.

"Hi." I smiled as I did a little curtsy.

Frigga took her hands in mine. "Thor has told me so much about your adventures on Earth. You are quite brave. You have the makings of a true warrior."

I smile at Frigga when, suddenly, we become startled at the sound of a prison alarm.

"The prisons," Frigga says as Thor looks at her.

"Loki," Thor says.

Oh, no. With all the excitement of traveling to Asgard and the sightseeing, I had forgotten that Loki was still here, locked away in a dungeon for crimes he committed back on Earth. I looked up at Thor to see him giving me a concerned look. I must have looked pale to him when a sick feeling started to come over me.

Thor hesitated to do anything when his mother ordered him to go to the prisons. "I will look after her."

Thor nods, and holding out his hand, Mjolnir swoops in and lands into his hand. I watch as he jumps off the balcony and flies to the prison.

~*~

"Send a squadron to the weapons vault. Defend it at all costs. Secure the dungeon." I hear Odin order his soldiers as I follow Frigga through the corridor of the palace.

"Odin," Frigga says.

"Frigga." Odin turns to one of his guards. "Go!" He looks back at Frigga and me. "It's a skirmish. Nothing to fear."

"You've never been a very good liar," Frigga says. I become distracted when I hear the marching sounds of more soldiers walking down the corridor and getting ready for battle. Among them was a beautiful Asgardian woman with long dark hair wearing red and silver armor, carrying a shield and a sword.

"Take her to your chambers." Odin orders. "I'll come for you when it's safe."

"You take care."

"Despite all I have survived, my queen still worries over me." Odin places his hand on her cheek.

"It's only because I worry over you that you have survived," Frigga says. The two of us watch as Odin walks away with his soldiers.

I followed Frigga down the hall and watched as she swiftly took a knife away from one of the soldiers. She leans into me and whispers. "Listen to me now. I need you to do everything I ask, no questions."

"Yes, ma'am."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Malekith has invaded Asgard and Kaitlyn will come face to face with him

A/N: Malekith has invaded Asgard and Kaitlyn will come face to face with him. Will she have what it takes to stop him? Find out in the next chapter!

Oh, also here is a general idea of what dress Kaitlyn will be wearing throughout the book.

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote

If you've liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Let me know what you think. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading!