Chapter 44 II Stupid like that

Start from the beginning

I hesitantly looked down. The moment I saw millions of little spider-like creatures, I screamed and jumped away. I stumbled a few steps and fell on my butt.

"Get it away, get it away", I kept repeating as I covered my face with my hands. Only a fool like me could step in an anthill with one barefoot leg letting those beasts eat me slowly.

They glided down my leg and I closed my eyes tighter. I will die. That is it. Die a horrible slow death... I always wondered how it would feel to be eaten alive. Guess I was going to find out soon. Goodbye world - you were good to me.

A moment later I felt a slight touch going up and down in a superhuman speed. Little monsters were flying away hopefully some place far, far away into their inevitable demise to be punished for their evil plans.

I opened my eyes as the touch slowed down and a hand stopped on my upper thigh. It stayed there and I spread my fingers so I could see.

"Are they gone?" I asked and Kayden smiled. He lifted his hand from my thigh and I removed my hands from my face. I raised my eyebrows still waiting for an answer. He moved a bit closer.

"Your eyes drive me crazy" his voice was deep as he locked his eyes with mine. I tilted my head trying to hide the surprise from my face. Only when I've actually done it, I realized that I've done his signature move. I shook my head.

"You're already crazy"

He chuckled and flashed me that adorable boyish grin. Unwillingly, I smiled too. Well, I had to – he was my savior.

"Help me get up", I said and stretched my hands to him. He took them, but instead of doing what I've asked of him he pulled me on his lap. He raised his hand and cupped the back of my head. Without a warning he lowered his lips on mine. He didn't press a lot – he used more of a feather-like touches. Tingles exploded and spread from there to my spine. I widened my eyes in surprise. I could feel his smile on my lips before he slightly drew away with his lips still brushing mine. I closed my eyes. Then he tilted his head to the other side, kissed me again letting it last a moment longer and moved away. We repeated that little routine of kissing and lingering between kisses until he got bored of its slowness and locked his lips with mine. He started lazily kissing me as he moved his hand slowly from my thigh to my waist.

On the other side, my hands were hanging at my sides like two limp fettuccini noodles. I frowned. He must've thought I've never kissed someone judging by my performance. With that thought on my mind I moved my head in more comfortable position and raised my hands slowly from his chest to his neck. I tangled my fingers in his hair and he smiled again. A moment later, when he locked my lower lip between both of his, he lightly run the tip of his tongue over it. The contact lasted less than a second, but it woke up the well-known fire inside of me. I opened my mouth a bit wider and he squeezed my waist. Tingles ran through my veins and my eyes were burning – but somehow it felt incredibly good.

Things were getting out of control pretty fast and he seemed to notice it too as he pulled away slowly. I opened my eyes and saw him looking down at me smirking. I raised my eyebrow.

"I really hope for your good that you didn't put any of those ants in my hair", I said as he glided his hand down my neck.

"I am very certain that I did not"

I gave him a skeptical look and slid off so I was sitting by him. He starched the back of his head and sighed.

"You know, this is the third time you've kissed me... next time you'll have to go and talk to my father first"

He moved his head towards me and smiled.

"Why would I need to talk to your father?" he asked confused. I smirked.

"Because you'll have to ask him for a permission to kiss me after you've explained your good intentions towards his only daughter"

He laughed. "What if my intentions aren't noble?" I tapped my lip with my index finger as I dramatically looked at the distance.

"Well, that could be a problem", I said finally.

He smiled lazily.

"I guess it's good that we've already crossed the line", he licked his lips, "I seem to recall four kisses"

I narrowed my eyes trying to remember. Scanning of all our encounters turned out to be in vain. I must have missed something. Where did he dig up that...

I widened my eyes.

"You are talking about that neck thing", I exclaimed and he smirked.

"Doesn't that count in?"

I looked away and narrowed my eyes. "I guess so"

"So", he said with amusement obvious in his voice, "you're living in sin"

I glared at him and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Why did Adrian and you come here anyway?" I asked impolitely, "Except to annoy me, of course"

"That was, of course, our original intention, but we also got some information about the bombing that Adrian was very eager to share with Rose"

I tilted my head, "The information you got by ripping hearts out?"

"Something like that"

I sighed. "What is it if I may ask?"

"Some high up Ultrrians were connected to it", he cleared his throat, "including Kael"

I shook my head. "That's impossible"

He gave me a questioning look. I scratched my nose. "Well", I drawled, "Daniel kind of admitted that he planted the bombs"

He sat up and shook his head frowning. I shrugged.

"What the f*ck?"

"I wouldn't really put it that way, but it is a what-the-f*ck situation"

"It doesn't add up", he protested, "Kael wouldn't work with humans to kill humans because humans wouldn't kill humans, right?"

I looked away and puckered my lips. He probably never heard of the countless wars that were led here.

"Right?" he asked again. I shrugged.

"Seriously?!"

I shrugged again. "But like... not in this situation", I justified, "I guess. I mean Daniel wouldn't do that to Rose even if he thought she was low-priced-inter-racial itsy-bitsy whore right now", he widened his eyes, "which she is not, ass"

He looked away from me and raised his eyebrows. "Everybody has a price, Lay"

"But this is different", I argued angrily as he shook his head dismissively, "stop patronizing me, I'm not stupid"

"Excuse me for not believing your danger sensors", he said and jumped up, "they don't seem to work"

"They work just fine", my take off wasn't nearly as graceful due to the muscle-pained ass that made a little hole in the ground for its comfort, "Thank you for your sincere concern, I appreciate it very much"

He shook his head and took a few steps ahead and just stood there with his broad shoulders.

In a fraction of a second he turned around and pinned me to a tree forcing the air out of my lungs. His eyes glowed dangerously as his hand wrapped itself around my neck pressing slightly.

"You wouldn't recognize danger even if it looked you dead in the eye", he whispered into my ear.

In a second he was gone. I wrinkled my nose and fixed my clothes.

"I'm not scared of your pathetic insecure stupid-ass face, bitch!" I yelled into the empty woods.

"Maybe I'm stupid like that", I whispered.