Chapter 44 II Stupid like that

Sup ya all guess who's back after an eternity.... dum dum dum.... you've guessed it - ME. I love all the support and every comment and vote I got from you. That made me write now when I should be preparing for all the hardest exams. It is almost 3AM and I don't even know what I'm saying... anyways tell me what you think of the new chapter from the new older me. 

__________________________________________

Layla's POV

"Rose", Adrian rudely cut me off. Does he just wait around for the most inconvenient time to pop up?

That little popsicle of strawberry blonde hair turned around quickly desperately looking for the handsome owner of that voice. He stood a few feet away from us with his hands in his pockets and a frown on his face. It deepened when he saw her. He looked genuinely worried. Somehow it made me like him a bit more.

He took a step towards us and she threw herself in his arms.

Oh, well. There goes my consoling role. Wasted and crushed down like a crunchy-looking leaf that wasn't crunchy in the end – just wet and disgusting.

"You're stone cold, Rosy", he said gently as he examined her face looking for God knows what. He gave her light kiss on forehead and hugged her again. "What..."

"Stop, please stop", the most irritating voice chimed in cutting Adrian off, "Have mercy on me with your cheesiness, I beg of you"

Adrian glared at Kayden and got his attention back at Rose. He tenderly ruffled her hair as he whispered something in her ear.

I sensed Kayden stopping right beside me with his shoulder almost touching mine. I looked up to him.

"Nerve wrecker", he greeted me with a nod and somehow made it sound formal. I narrowed my eyes at him and shoved him my middle finger.

"Rude", he said.

"It's not my fault that my middle finger gets a boner whenever I see you"

He gave me adorable boyish grin and looked at the love birds. His face twisted in incredibly funny disgusted expression. Adrian kissed Rose's nose and she giggled. Kayden rolled his eyes.

"I'm out", he said and turned around.

"Wait, wait", I said following him, but he just kept walking with no intention of slowing down - just abandoning me to suffer the PDA and the role of the candle holder, "wait, asshole, don't leave me here alone"

He didn't use his super-speed just his super-long legs. When I realized I couldn't tag with him just by walking, I huffed and ran.

"Is you deaf?" I asked as I finally caught up to him. He looked at me under his eyebrows and titled his head not slowing down.

"I don't think so, but it could be possible", he said and smirked, "Sometimes, I just can't hear absurd human blabbing, you know. Should I be worried?"

I laughed humorlessly and crossed my arms on my chest. He smirked and shrugged. He didn't seem like he's going to stop any time soon. There was no indication of him panting where I must've looked like a tired dog. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. I was running out of breath. Running was definitely taking its toll on me.

"You are", I took a breath, "incredibly funny"

"Thank you"

I speed-walked for a few more minutes and when my lungs started burning, I had to stop. I bent down and took a few deep breaths. I heard him murmur something as he stopped.

"I just love sporty girls like you", he mocked me, "They make me so..."

"Fuck off"

"...horny"