Chapter 26 II So, what will it be

Adrian's POV

"Tell me I'm not crazy", she whispered not opening her eyes. I could hear hope in her voice. Her cheeks were slightly blushed and her lips a bit red. She opened her eyes and looked at me. They glowed for maybe three seconds before the glow disappeared.

She was looking at me with questioning look. It took me some time to remember what she'd asked me.

I closed my eyes and exhaled.

Why did I like it so much? Why did I want to do it again? Why did it feel so right?

"This is crazy", I finally said as I leaned my forehead to hers. I put my hands on her cheeks feeling the tingling on the tips of my fingers. She put her hands on my chest and took a handful of my shirt.

"I don't even know you", she said.

I open my eyes to see her staring in them.

"Why did you do it?" I asked her. She took few steps back and hugged herself.

I took a good look of her. She looked beautiful as always. She was wearing black skinny jeans with high brown boots, loose whitish sweater and black bag. She should've grabbed a jacket with that, it was freezing outside. Her strawberry blonde hair was falling over her shoulders in curls.

She looked at the sky and opened her mouth. She made a little cloud with her breath and closed her eyes for a moment. I could see that thoughts were racing in her head and she was conflicted about something. Human girls were a lot more complicated than Ultrrian girls.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that", she said and bit her lip, "I'm going to... go now"

What? Why? I sighed confused as she turned around leaving. I went through my hair with my hand not knowing what to do. Problem wasn't that I didn't know what I wanted to do, because there was nothing I wanted more in that moment than to hold her in my arms and I was sure of it.

Problem was that I also knew exactly what I shouldn't do. I definitely should not reach for her hand and pull her on my chest. I should not tangle my hands in her hair and lock our lips together.

I shouldn't even think about it.

What was going on with me?

Few days ago Ma-Lea said that humans and Ultrrians have completely different immune systems, so maybe my body just wanted to make super-babies. If that is true, why don't I want to be close to anyone else?

Nothing made sense.

So what will it be?

As I looked at her leaving I made my decision. I turned my back to her and took few steps ahead.

What could I get from her? Only problems for me, her and everyone else. There is no logical reason for us to be together. So why to hell did I want it so badly?

She's only human; sensitive, emotional, vulnerable little creature.

She's one of those savages who killed my parents and left my sister an orphan. I rubbed my eyes and stopped.

She's nothing like them. She can't be.

Before I could stop myself I crossed the distance between us and stopped in front of her.

She was hugging herself and looking down with few tears staining her face.

She looked up and saw me. Her eyes widened and she quickly turned her back on me. She whipped her tears away and moved stray locks of hair behind her ear. I got the feeling she doesn't like people seeing her cry.

She let her hands hanging at her sides clenching them into fists. I could hear her ragged breathing. It didn't seem like she'll turn any time soon. I put my hand on her shoulder and turned her to me. She lowered her head not wanting to look me.

"What do you want?" she asked quietly.

I took her chin and lifted her head. Her eyes were watery and she simply looked heartbroken. Did I make her feel that way?

She looked away and sighed. I could see she was regretting our kiss. Maybe she wanted me to go away. Well, I could go away and just force myself to somehow forget. I should've done that. It would make things hell of a lot easier. But I didn't want to forget; I didn't want easy. I just wanted her. Simple as that.

"You", I said bluntly, pulling her closer to me. She looked at me surprised.

"What?" she asked weakly.

"I want you", I repeated confidently.

"You said that this was crazy, you made it clear that you don't want anything..." she was rumbling.

"I didn't say that", I cut her off but she just kept talking.

"...to do with me. You said to me that I'm funny little creature and that is the one thing you should not tell to a human girl especially if she is short..."

"Rose", I said trying to shut her up.

"...and every time you open your mouth you make me feel like crap. I hate that! Oh, and don't forget about when you said I'm not helping you like you don't even care if I live because I'm such an annoyance..."

After everything else failed to shut her up, I did what had to be done. I kissed her. It was unbelievably necessary thing to do.

It was quite amusing touching humans because of that tingling and funny feeling that comes after, but to kiss someone... that was something else. I felt like I'm on fire.

Soon she kissed me back. Her lips were just perfect. It seemed like they were made for me. I lowered my hands on her waist and pulled her closer to me. How could something so wrong feel so right? She put her beautiful hands on my neck and gently pulled me closer deepening the kiss. I pull back to take some air and lean my forehead to hers; our noses touching.

Her heart was beating as fast as it is humanly possible and her breaths were short and rapid.

"What are you doing to me?" she asked me finally. I chuckled and gave her kiss on forehead as I backed off.

"You must be cold", I said ignoring her question. She glared at me. Few moments later, she sighed and nodded. I took of my jacket and gave it to her.

"Won't you be cold?" she asked frowning.

"Ultrrians don't get cold", I said. I knew she will require knowing more.

"Why?" she asked not a second later. As I said...

"Our cerebrospinal nervous system can control the autonomic nervous system resulting in constant body temperature of 37 degrees. Cold doesn't bother us at all. Our bodies had to evolve or we would freeze on Ultrron"

"Wow...that's awesome, you're like a real life Elsa", she said as she started walking by my side back to town. I looked at her confused. What is an elsa? She saw my confused look and said that she will explain it to me some other time. I chuckled.

"Not getting cold is fun but you know what is really awesome?" I made a slight pause and she sent me curious look, "I can hold my breath for 20 minutes under water and I never get sick"

"What?! That is not fair!" she whined.

"Well you can wear golden earrings"

"What does that mean?" she asked confused. I smirked and kept quiet.

"Come on, tell me", she said playfully pushing me. I suddenly stood in front of her and she bumped in my chest. She murmured something like asshole and moved back looking me directly in eyes. I made a serious facial expression and motioned her to come closer. She frowned, but did what I wanted. I lowered my head to her ear. I could tell she was completely lost.

"See you in school, Rosie", I just said and left.