Chapter 44 II Stupid like that

Start from the beginning

I looked up at him smirking at me. I shook my head and straightened my back. Breathe in – breathe out. My racing heart started slowing down and I could finally respire normally. I stretched my arms above my head and shook my legs feeling like my leg muscles were made of stone. I couldn't remember when the last time I went for a run was.

I looked around. There were trees everywhere. We were in the middle of nowhere. And how could we not be? I obviously ran a million miles. If I were anywhere near the region, I would be surprised. I mean I was still in a region, but not in the region.

A rustle that stood out in the smoothing forest silence attracted my attention. I jerked my head and saw Kayden getting out of his plaid shirt leaving him in just a tight, black t-shirt.

"What are you doing if I may ask?"

He lifted the end of the t-shit exposing his perfect v-line. His lips stretched into a crooked smile.

"Isn't this why you came after me?" he asked innocently. I frowned and blushed in anger that he could so easily wake up.

"Oh", he said and looked at me seductively, "You know you would"

I gritted my teeth and bent down. I heard him laughing as I untied my shoe. That little repulsive airheaded bugger. I took it off and got up. He looked at me questioningly. I raised my eyebrows and he narrowed his eyes.

In a swift motion I threw it at him. The shoe flew for a few seconds and finally reached him. Because his insanely quick reflexes, he succeeded to dodge it, but I was sure that it would do some damage if he wasn't Superman-type of person.

"Seriously", he asked honestly surprised.

I ran towards the shoe and took it. He was looking at me not believing.

"Yes, quite seriously", I said and directed towards him. He gave me amused smirk and backed away a few steps.

"I would suggest you to run", I said in my best threatening voice. He laughed genuinely.

"Well, that seems like a good suggestion", he said and took another few steps back, "You look very dangerous"

"I don't understand the use of the mocking tone in that sentence"

"Oh, goodness help me", he said smirking and stepping back again, "Why would I ever mock you?"

"Beats me", I shrugged and took a step towards him. He backed away until he hit the tree. I gave him an evil smile. He was trapped between the tree and my shoe, but he still refused to admit the defeat. He just tilted his head and watched me amused.

"Remember when I told you I'm going to kill you", I said and he nodded, "well, that's happening now and no one will hear your screams so deep in the woods"

I could see he was trying to contain a smile.

"Are you going to impale me on your magic wand you got for Halloween?"

"Yes", I said and his lips stretched into a small smile, "but I'll kill you first because I have to find it as it was taken away from me when you came so that will take too much time and I'm not really patient"

"I noticed"

Something was bugging me and taking my attention away from the shoe murder and it wasn't just his current cute facial expression.

I looked away and frowned.

There was something on my leg. I was feeling slight poking that was moving up. I closed my eyes. Dear God, please don't let it be what I think it is.