The Avatar's Come Back {2}

As you scoured the ship, you stumbled upon the helm. The helmsmen didn't notice you. You were about to take him out when a small bubbly child ran past you. You took a moment to blink before running after him. Aang jumped from the helm and threw his staff. It unfolded and he grabbed it, flying into the air. You were going to jump as well, but Zuko beat you to it. He managed to grab onto Aang's foot and drag him back down to the bridge.

"Oh for god's sake." You jumped, bending the water to softly bring you down. You landed in front of Aang and kept the water suspended in front of you. There was growling from the distance. You and Aang looked back.

"What is that?" Zuko asked.

"Appa!" Aang exclaimed.

"Well damn, he does fly," you said quietly. Zuko bent fire in your direction, but you just put it out with your water.

"You know, you're being really stupid for fighting a waterbender," you said.

"Quiet!" Zuko exclaimed, sending more flames towards you. You rolled your eyes and raised your arms. A wave of water came and swept over the bridge, soaking all three of you. You circled your arms around your head and the water came and rushed all of them, sweeping them off of the ship, save for Aang. Katara and Sokka landed Appa on the ship and slid off his back, running up to you.

"We have to leave. Now," you said. You grabbed Aang and quite literally threw him onto Appa. Some of the soldiers who managed to hang on came back for you. You took the water from the bridge and freezed them. You jumped onto Appa's back.

"Yip yip! Yip yip!" Sokka said, running up his tail. Appa took off into the sky. You looked behind you to see roaring flames come up at you. You ran to the back of Appa and bent the water around you. You glided your arm from side to side and the water followed, putting out the flames and colliding into a giant glacier which collapsed.

~
"HOW DID YOU DO THAT?! WITH THE WATER? IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE EVER SEEN!" Katara exclaimed to you.

"You've seen me bend, Katara," you said softly, "It's not surprising."

"Well, I know that, but never against people! I didn't know you were that amazing!"
You smiled at her lightly, but changed subjects.

"Another important thing to note is..." You looked at Aang. "Why didn't you tell us you were the Avatar?"

"Because I never wanted to be," he replied. He seemed very solemn.

"People have been waiting for the Avatar to return," you said, "To put an end to this war."

"And how am I going to do that?" Aang asked.

"According to the legend, you have to master water, then earth, then fire," you said.

"That's what the monks told me," Aang replied.

"Well, if we go to the North Pole, you can master waterbending."

"Wait, wait wait," Sokka interrupted, "Why can't Y/n just teach you waterbending?" Katara and Aang looked at you. You looked back at them.

"I'm not fit to teach," you said, "More like I can't... I choose not to. That's something... that I refuse to touch."

"Why not?" Aang asked. You took a moment to answer before you smiled at him.

"It's just not my thing. Ask Sokka, I'm terrible at teaching people."

"She's right. She threw a giant snowball at a kid's head once! And laughed!"
You smiled widely and pushed him.

"He wasn't taking my training seriously enough!"

"He started crying and you laughed!"

"It was funny!"
Aang and Katara chuckle at yours and Sokka's bickering. It was like that almost the entire ride.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}