The inside of the bus wasn't much better than the outside. The seat covers had holes in them, and the ceiling had deep grooves in it.

Unsurprisingly, there were few people in it. With the exception of the conductor, only a woman and her sleeping baby were sitting inside. That made finding a seat much easier. I sat by the window, and Taylor sat right next to me, but the silence continued.

The engine made a horrendous sound, and the vehicle started, beginning with a short vibration that even I felt.
Hopefully, this vehicle would manage to get us home without stopping or killing us.

With nothing left to do, I stuck my head to the window glass. The rain had gotten heavier, and the wind had also gotten stronger. Every tree we passed was being violently swayed by the wind which had begun to carry heavy debris with it.

The sky was even less peaceful, as brilliant flashes of light danced across its vast expanse. In the distance, I could see one of these magnificent flashes make its way down to the earth, striking a tree and causing it to light up in an orange glow merely seconds after being hit. I was witnessing nature in its full glory, and it was beautiful yet frightening at the same time. It was very similar to the storm that was going on in my own heart.

I looked away for a second to see that Taylor's focus was on her phone. She was as oblivious to what was going on around her as the baby cradled in his mother's arms a few seats away from where we were sitting.

My gaze shifted back to the window. This time, to two rain drops that were making their journey down the glass. They reminded me of a time that wasn't so long ago, but felt like an eternity. A time when I knew no pain, a time where my innocence shielded me from this wicked, unforgiving world. I fought the urge to close my eyes, but eventually, I succumbed to sleep.

It was a stormy night, and the raindrops had already started to fall. The policeman had just finished speaking to Grandma, and she looked worn-out as she walked to the car. Anne was trailing sheepishly behind her.

The rain began immediately after Grandma started the car, but the real storm was brewing inside.

It began with Anne sending text messages on her phone.

"Child, if you don't put that thing down," Grandma warned.

"What you gonna do?" Anne shot back.

"I'm gonna take one hand off this wheel and smack some sense into you."

That was enough to get Anne to shut up, but Grandma wasn't done yet.

"In my day, an attitude like yours would have gotten me a whopping from my ma, and then some."

"Well you aren't exactly my mother, are you?"

"No, but I promised her I'd take care of you,and you're making that job extremely difficult. Now tell me, what were you thinking getting mixed up with that hoodlum?"

"Skinner is my boyfriend. What we do is none of your business," she said defiantly.

"Well it is my business if you and your boyfriend are found with with two kilos of  weed. What were you even thinking? Oh wait, you weren't. You could've had some serious jail time if that hoodlum hadn't been a man and taken full responsibility. At least he was good for something in that regard. Now I hope to God you weren't actually involved. "

"What if  I was?"

"I'd turn this thing around and have them put you in a cage and throw the key away," she threatened.