02

Warning: Graphic content

I stood in the parking area, half annoyed, and half in awe, wondering whether what I was seeing(or rather what I was not seeing) was real. The car was gone.

My first thought was obviously Tyrone and Jason, but then again, how did they even get the key without me noticing? Well that did not matter now, all that mattered was me getting the car back, and that meant I had to call Tyrone .

"TY-"

"Before you say anything, we have the car, drop by at my house to pick it up whenever."

Then he hung up. If this was their way of getting back at me, I'd take it any day. It was much better than the scenarios I had played over and over in my head.

Thankfully, the bus stop wasn't far from the school,or so I thought. Apparently, distances seem much shorter when you're in a car because I felt I had been walking for ages when I finally approached the place.

To make matters worse, not a single public transport vehicle was in sight when I got there. (In hindsight, I should have probably ordered a taxi from my phone). I stood there for what felt like ages before a bus stopped right in front of me. The doors opened and someone got down as I stepped inside. Then there was that awkward couple of seconds where I tried to find a place to sit and felt like all eyes were upon me, because they were.

I finally made myself comfortable by some old lady who had dozed off,but had jostled awake the second I sat next to her. She looked at me, blinked a few times, and went back to sleep.

To kill a little time, I decided to scroll through my phone, which believe me, was not much. I only had four numbers put in, and my social media consisted of meme pages. Lots and lots of meme pages. Eventually, I also dozed off.

My eyes opened again when the bus stopped. I was going to get off here. Tyrone's house was just around the corner.

The short walk from the stop to Ty's house was a really interesting one. This neighborhood was completely different from what I was used to. The houses were similar in design. Each house shared a fence with the one next to it, and each one had a front yard so neatly kept you wondered whether they were having a neighborhood gardening challenge. Apart from that, the houses seemed to have a common theme of bright painting, with colors ranging from yellow to sky blue.

Within minutes, I was at Tyrone's doorstep, and I saw the car parked in the exact same spot I had stopped when I picked them up this morning. I texted Tyrone I was here, but I knocked on the door anyways. Whiles I waited, I began to wonder if Jason lived close by. Obviously he did, but I wondered if he lived in this particular neighborhood because I always imagined he lived in a place with a more serious undertone. Like one of those mansions in horror movies, for example.

As these thoughts were going through my head, someone opened the door. I thought it was Tyrone, but it turned out to be his mother. She had an apron on, so she clearly must have been cooking. "Well, what are you standing there for? Come in," she beckoned.

I felt I should tell her I wasn't paying a visit, but I decided against it. The look on Ty's face when he realized I was in his house talking to his mother would be ample reward for the journey I had made here.

With this in mind, I said a thank you and went inside. Tyrone's mother, who from here on will be referred to as Mrs. Ty( because I did not bother knowing her name) asked me to make myself comfortable as she went to get her son.