His Mistress

He was staring at her... at them, his eyes fierce, like that of a green-eyed beast; his face was sculptured like the masterpiece of Hades, exuding pure evil and terror. She wanted to hide; she wanted to run, but she couldn't, they couldn't. Beads of sweat dropped from their faces, they could hear every pump of their blood, the movement through their veins, and how it rushed back to their hearts; she swallowed hard and she could swear she heard her saliva drop into her empty stomach. She bit her lower lip till she could feel the metallic taste of blood on her tongue;

Tiana felt her sister's hands touch hers, it was dripping of sweat from how fearful she was; she knew she wasn't looking at her; no-one could be in front of this fearful beast and look elsewhere. He hadn't spoken for about twenty minutes and her legs felt so weak. When her knees were almost giving way, she heard his voice;

''I want you. '' His voice rang through the room, and although it wasn't possible, Tiana felt the ground under her shake at his utterance. She turned and looked at Gwen; she was staring at her too, fear and panic engraved in their faces and tears pouring from their eyes.

Who did he choose?

They didn't want to know, this man wasn't someone anybody would wish for but the sad reality was that someone had just been given a death sentence, and it was her or her sister.

''Wh... ho? '' She stammered; her whole body shook, she was surprised by her courage, but that disappeared the moment his eyes turned to her. His eyes wore pure disdain as he glanced at her, more like at the piece of rag who was brave enough to speak to him; she felt like disappearing into the ground but sadly this was a reality not some fiction.

Her palm fisted as she held her sister's hand tighter with her other hand as though telling her they would be all right; she was older by a year; although she knew that one among them would definitely not be all right, she was still the older one who needed to offer protection. His eyes swept through their hands and then at Gwen.

''I want her. ''

Her heart stopped for a moment as his words resounded in her ears; she felt her sister's hand slip out of hers and she fell to the floor crying; her body shook fervently, and then she held onto her feet, wailing.

He knew Gwen was the younger one, he saw through her frail soul and he wanted to crush it into pieces which would crush her too. He wanted to kill two birds with one stone; such wickedness. Her tears poured from her already swollen eyes as she watched him smirk joyously. She couldn't bring herself to speak, her mouth was too bitter to utter any word.

''Tiana, I don't want to die, please help me, I don't want to die! ''

Gwen wailed, and as though her saliva dripped down the wrong pipe; she began coughing, she coughed so hard that Tiana squatted weakly, lifting her feeble hands, she patted on her back, tears falling from her eyes. She lifted her eyes weakly to look at him; there was an obvious delight written on his face as he drummed his fingers on the table. She didn't know how another's pain could bring someone so much joy and satisfaction.

Her heart was so weak, every pump of blood came with severe pain; she wanted this to be over, she wanted it to be all over. Their mother died when she was five and Gwen, four. Their father, who worked for him, was a drunkard, and a gambler who accrued a lot of debts; he had sold almost everything they owned but he still couldn't pay off; that was why he went to his master for help and promised to work for him to pay back the loan; after getting the money, instead of paying off his debts, he gambled for the last time in case he could double the money. Unfortunately, he lost the gamble which meant that he lost his master's money and still had debts to pay, not able to take the shock; he slumped to his death leaving them with his overflowing debts and his master's loan.

When he heard of their father and what he had done; he came for them; he had requested for his money and they didn't have it. They promised to do anything he wanted to pay off the loan. He had laughed wickedly before saying that he would have to take one of them and sadly he had chosen Gwen.

''Tiana please! I... don't want to be his mistress... help me please! ''

Gwen cried bitterly. Tiana didn't blame her, no-one wanted to die. He was the most terrifying being she had ever heard of; from the stories their father told them before his passing, she knew he didn't have a heart. The place of his heart was occupied by pure ice, never-melting ice!

Her sister's tears dropped onto her legs and she couldn't help it, her soul shattered to pieces and at that moment she knew she couldn't let her die, if anyone had to go, she would be the one.

''Take me. ''

Tiana said standing up and staring him straight in the eyes;

''Tiana... '' Gwen called her; there was horror written all over her face as she pulled her hand, trying to tell her not to continue.

He scoffed.

''I sure wasn't stammering when I chose her. ''

''Please, I'll do anything you want, please... just take me instead. ''

Her eyes shut as she tried so much not to cry. Her chest tightened as she struggled to breathe; lifting her hand, she squeezed her heart.

''I've made my choice, young lady. ''

''Please... '' She fell to her knees; her lips quavering;

''I'll do anything you want; please let my sister go, I beg you, I beg you... ''

''Enough! ''

He said, shutting her up. Her hands clutched onto her dress as she waited for him to speak;

He didn't speak immediately; as though rethinking his decision'

''If you want to take the place of your sister, it'll be on one condition. ''

Her eyes which were closed sparked open immediately;

''What... condition? '' She asked eagerly;

He grew quiet again, watching them;

''You would have to last with me for five months; if I grow bored of you or you die before the fifth month is over, I'll take your sister.''

If she hadn't heard of him, at that moment, she knew that there was no crueler person on earth, tears brewed under her lids but she held them in; staring straight at him, she made a decision, she won't let him have the satisfaction of seeing them both dead,

Even if he chopped off her legs and gouged out her eyes, she would keep her soul inside her body.

''Okay... ''

She agreed firmly; Gwen covered her mouth with both hands as she held in her tears; her sister had already agreed to his terms, there was nothing she could do.

The man on the reclining seat laughed wickedly; his voice resounding in the room as he watched their pitiful state. She saw it in his eyes, his utmost desire to kill, his unquenchable thirst for blood and the everlasting darkness that exudes from it and she realized,

She just entered a deal with a demon.

**********
Hey guys welcome to my story,
I hope you have a good time!!!
You can follow me on Instagram @zhiruyi or chat me up on discord @zhiruyi#5235.
And do check out my second book here,
Marked by the Devil! 😍 😘 😍