My Heart Skipped A Beat~ Chloe Valentine X Reader

Y/n's POV

"BROOKE-" I screeched, running down the hall. Brooke was one of my closest friends since the Squipcident. I mean, it's not like I had any friends before the Squipcident, but we don't discuss that-

"Hey Y/n/n!" She called, turning to me with a smile. "What's up?" She asked, shoving her books into her locker. I did the same, blowing hair out of my face.

"The usual." I mumbled. What was the usual? Oh, just me crushing hard on Chloe Valentine. I had a crush on her since before the Squipcident, but now it's a bigger crush. Brooke was the only one who knew, and I'm honestly shocked Jenna Rolan hadn't told the entire school yet. "What about you?"

"Well, I started talking to this guy..." She mumbled. I smirked, raising an eyebrow. "It's not like that! Yet..." She defended. I laughed.

"So... what's his name?" I pressed, poking her. She smiled and turned to go down the hallway.

"Walk with me." She said. I jogged up beside her and waited for her response. "Well, his name's Evan and he goes to another school... he's just so cute!!" She gushed. I smiled.

"Good for you, girl!" I complimented. That's when Chloe walked on the other side of Brooke. My heart skipped like 10 beats at that moment.

Bump Bump

"Hey Brooke, hey Y/n." She greeted. I smiled nervously and tried to say some sort of fucking greeting back.

"Hey- er- hi- I mean- sup?" I stuttered, stumbling over my words. Brooke cringed. I stared at the ground, internally flipping out.

"Um... hi... okay, anyway, did you hear what Jenna was saying?" Chloe asked. Both Brooke and I looked up, intrigued. "She said someone in our class is lesbian, and she has proof! But she doesn't know who it is."

Bump Bump

"Really? I wonder who it could possibly be?" Brooke said, intentionally staring at me. I locked eyes with the ground.

"Why would a girl in our class even be gay, like, how?" Chloe asked, seeming genuinely curious.

"W-well, maybe, she thinks a girl in her class is really pretty, and just doesn't feel attraction to boys-" I blurted out unknowingly. Chloe looked me up and down.

"How do you know so much about that?" She asked. My eyes widened and my face flushed.

Bump Bump

"I'm u-uh- I'm- doing a- uh- project! Y-yeah! I'm doing a p-project about- p-pride!" I stammered. She looked skeptical.

"Uh huh... well. I gotta get to class. See you guys later." She said, walking off in the crowd of other students. Brooke patted my shoulder.

"Y/n, my love, that was atrocious." She sighed. I walked over to the lockers and banged my head on one.

"God, I'm such an idiot!" I grumbled. "I can't even talk to girls right..." I sighed.

"Hey, don't worry, keep your chin up. Just talk to her." Brooke advised, hugging me.

"I tried to talk to her, Brooke! Look where that got me!" I sighed, hugging back. "Maybe if I wasn't so goddamn awkward..."

"Hey, don't blame yourself! You were born an introvert, and nothing's going to change that. But guess what? You are going to overcome your fear and ask out Chloe eventually!" Brooke declared. I smiled.

"Thanks Brooke... I gotta get to class... see you later.." I mumbled, dashing away. I ran into the bathroom and hid in the big stall.

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

'Jesus Y/n, you're so fucking pathetic, you can't even have a proper conversation with the girl you've been swooning over since middle school.' I thought to myself, feeling tears pool in my eyes. 'You should have succeeded when you tried-' That's when someone entered the bathroom.

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

"Are you... crying?" The person asked. Damn it. They heard me. "You can come out, y'know, I don't bite." She remarked. I knew that voice.

Chloe.

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

I slowly stood up and unlocked the stall door. I gently opened and I revealed myself to Chloe. Her eyes widened as she saw my disheveled... well, everything. She gently walked up to me and took my hand, and sat with me on the floor.

"What's wrong?" She asked, gently running her thumb over the back of my hand. I took a shaky breath but ended up with a sob. Chloe gently scooted closer to me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug. I had no idea she could be this gentle. "What's going on..?" She asked again.

"I-I'm the lesbian..." I croaked. I felt her tense for a moment before relaxing again. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you but Brooke was the only one to know and I didn't know if you were homophobic and I really like you so-" I blurted out.

Oh fuck.

I just said that.

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

Bump Bump

"It's okay..." She cooed. "I'm not exactly straight either..." She laughed a little, not letting go of me. "And... I like you too, Y/n. I like you a lot." She said. I looked up at her, shocked.

"R-really?" I asked, beaming.

"Really." She smiled, kissing my forehead. "Hey, after school... do you wanna hang?"

"Of course."