Play Rehearsal ~ Expensive Headphones

TW: mentions of ab*se

         "You're thigning up for the play?" Rich asked Michael incredulously, scratching the back of his neck. "I didn't know- you uh- liked theater." He mumbled. Michael gave a lopsided grin.

           "Yeah, well, Chrissy convinced me to sign up for stage crew." He chuckled, smiling fondly at the theater-loving girl on the other side of the hall. "I don't really do crowds, so I figured I could just work on sets and lighting and shit." He said, readjusting his backpack. "You're auditioning for the play too, right?" He asked.

           "Yeah... it'th not thomething I would uthually do, but I figured why not?" Rich mumbled. Michael nodded.

           "It'll be cool to get to hear you sing." Michael smiled slightly at Rich, who's face was slowly heating up. "Anyways, I gotta get to class. See ya later, small-ass." He winked before turning and practically gliding down the hall. Rich flipped him off for the comment before turning to go to his class, thoughts racing.

         'Fuckfuckfuck. Michael's gonna hear me sing. He's gonna judge me, he'll hate the way my lisp sounds, and then he'll think I'm a loser and I'll never have a shot with him-'

         "Rich!" His thoughts were broken by the one and only Jake Dillinger calling to him. "Yo! You signed up for the play? I saw that your boyfriend is on the stage crew~" Jake teased, making Rich's face go cherry red. 

         "He'th not my boyfriend!" Rich shouted, causing a few awkward glances, which only made him blush more. Jake chuckled.

         "You sure wish he was though." He wiggled his eyebrows at Rich, who rolled his eyes.

         "Hahaha." Rich said sarcastically. "Fuck you." He muttered. Jake put his hands up in mock defense.

         "Hey, you can't be mad at me for stating the facts." He said. "Also, wouldn't you rather do that to Michael?" If Rich's blush was starting to go away, it was definitely back now.

        "Oh my god, I fucking dethpithe (despise) you." Rich muttered, making Jake chuckle. After talking for another few minutes, the boys parted ways and went to their respective classes.

         The first half of the school day came and went, and before long it was lunchtime. Rich made his way to the cafeteria, humming to himself. He entered the cafeteria, only to feel Jake grab his shoulders from behind. Rich yelped in fear before flipping Jake off.

         "Don't do that, athhole!" Rich snapped.

         "Sorry bro. I just want to point out that your boyfriend is staring at you." Jake said. 

         "I already told you, he'th not my-" Rich turned around and Michael was, indeed, staring at him. "...boyfriend..." 

         "Go talk to him!" Jake insisted, walking Rich to the table Michael was at, which was also occupied by Jeremy and Christine. Rich gulped.

         Michael was definitely staring at Rich. How could he not? He had liked the boy for the longest time, and the only one who didn't seem to realize it was Rich. And Michael was incredibly grateful for that. If Rich found out Michael had a crush on him, he'd probably hate him for the rest of their lives, and Michael wasnt ready to take that chance.

        "Admiring your boyfriend, Micha?" Chirstine teased, snapping him out of his gaze. Michael whipped his head to her, blushing deep red.

       "N-no! And hes not my boyfriend!" Michael stammered. Christine and Jeremy giggled.

        "Well he should be." Jeremy commented, making Michael blush harder. He turned his gaze back to Rich, who was talking to Jake. Rich turned around and froze upon seeing Michael. Michael's eyes went wide as he turned back to Christine and Jeremy, burying his face in his hands.