Seeing Him Through A New Light

Start from the beginning

        More eyes stared at me this time when me and Sakuma walked out of the cafeteria. Why couldn't it be some other girl that Kidou chose? Well, the only person I could really blame was myself. I mentally banged my head on the wall for not watcing where I was going and bumping into the captain of the school's soccer team this morning. If only I had just been more careful. Right now, that detention sounds pretty inviting compared to this new life.

Time Skip to After School

        "And this is our clubroom," Sakuma said as he opened the door and held it for me, "You first." I stepped in and gasped. Sakuma walked in after me, closing the door behind him. "Is something the matter?" he asked in a concerened tone. "No," I breathed, "It's just that I can't believe I'm actually inside." 

        Rumor says it that nobody, not even the Commander, had ever inside the Teikoku Soccer clubroom unless they were a member. It was sort of like a sacred place, only for the soccer players attending Teikoku Gakuen on sport scholarship, which all of them were since the Commander had specifically hand picked them.

        Truthfully, the room wasn't all that special. There was no super fancy stuff like what you would imagine in an underground base, or in this case, the school's royalty's clubroom. There was a blank but slightly stained blackboard with clean but broken pieces of chalk lying astray on the chalk holder. The room was didn't have graffiti or paint peeling, but the walls were still slightly dirty looking even though you couldn't pinpoint why. There was a slightly dented metal cart in the cornner of the room near the exit filled with new soccer balls that looked like they had only been used once or twice. The floor wasn't super clean and shiny like in rich people houses, and there was an old-ish and pretty dirty looking cubby shelf where the soccer players had already dropped off their bags and gone to practice outside in the indoor soccer field. But the worst was the furniture. The fold up chairs equipped with red velvet cushions were knocked over and the table was slanted from someone standing up too fast and bumping into it.

        "Everyone always think this room is like a palace, but this is what it actually looks like," Sakuma said sheepishly, "I know, don't say anything. This is actually one of it's neater days." Then he asked me, "Do you want me to call them in?" "No, it's fine," I squeaked, this time surprised at how different Sakuma felt from his captain. While Kidou gave off an intimidating and ruthless aura, if you actually got to talk to Sakuma, you would be surprised at how nice he is and how easy it is to feel comfortable around him. Before, I always thought the Teikoku Three which consists of Kidou, Sakuma, and Genda were all rude, arrogant, scary people. Maybe that's because I never got to know them. Or never opened my heart and gave them a chance.

        "Sorry, wish I could help, but I have to get to practice or the Commander will get angry. So uh, I guess you can start by lining up the chairs? You don't have to do the tables, they are kinda heavy, so me and the rest of the members can do it after practice. Yeah, and you can start on the cabinet if you are finished," the cyan haired boy said, then tossed his bag into one of the empty cubbies. Then stood there and  stared at me wierdly.

        "What?" I asked, "Don't you need to get to practice?"

        "Um, can you turn around or something? I need to uh, change first," he said awkwardly.

        "Gomensai," I replied quickly, embarrassed, just realizing that he was still in his uniform, and turned around. I felt a blush creeping up my face. About forty seconds later, Sakuma said, "You can turn around now." Slowly, I turned my head first, then my body followed. I couldn't look away from his amber left eye which seemed to be even more piercing when highlighted by the dark green uniform. I basked in the feeling of floating in his gaze until he interupted me, "Later, um..." "Sakurai. Sakurai Shizumi," I informed him. "Thanks. Later, Sakurai-san!" he shouted then bolted out the room.

        I turned around to face the room. Then I looked at the messy chairs knocked over everywhere, and took a deep breath then exhaled slowly. It was time to get down to buisness.

        Busy with cleaning the cabinets after I lined up all the chairs, which were relatively easy since they were light, I had no idea how much time had passed before I heard someone shout, "Hey! Someone's in our clubroom?" Using my peripheral vision, I saw a boy with spiky purple hair and a pair of headphones, also know as Narukami Kenya. "Who is she?" asked a gruff voice belonging Jimon Daiki, the other striker of Teikoku. By now, most of the other members had already arrived at the door.

        Then I heard the voice of him as he sauntered toward the crowd gathering at the door. "Ah, I forgot to tell you," Kidou said, no doubt enjoying the moment, "I got us a manager."

        "From now on, Sakurai Shizumi will be our manager," Sakuma piped in. "Guys, treat her well," Genda's deep, silky yet rough voice said. Then he winked at me again and I felt my face heat up like last time. Hearing their respected goalie's words, the rest of the team chorused, "Hai~"

From now on, the story will be in Shizumi's POV but will have a few scenes in other characters' POVs or neutral POV. Since this story is a Teikoku Boys x OC fic, I threw in a little Genda x Shizumi and Sakuma x Shizumi. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!