:)

since i just finished this book, i think it's fair that i leave this here for any questions, comments or general conversation with you guys :>

i absolutely adore your comments and all the support you've all shown, i really really do appreciate you all !!!

the music video that i've attached is of a song that actually inspired me to write this book. i'll explain why rn bc uhhh yeah. feel free to listen to it as you read my break down of the song in correlation to the story. i've been listening to joji since like 2017/18 and i absolutely adore what he's done and the person he has become, he's improved so much vocally and musically and this song is one of those songs that just makes me cry because it's so BEAUTIFUL. i fell in love with it the moment i first listened to it, and it also happened to be around the time i started to ship dnf. i thought it would be cool if i made a fanfic and when i listened to this song thinking about it alllll the possibilities came to me in an instant.

i loved the fast paced tempo in the beginning along with the softness of his voice as he sings the chorus, it's good enough to keep up with and appreciate but fast enough to keep you hyped which is really what set off the first few chapters. towards the middle there is an extreme tempo change which correlates to the climax in clay's life in this fanfic. i like to imagine it being not exactly when he is told the news about his studio being shut down, more of him actually having to grow up from his life of emotional ignorance and solitude. i like to believe that within that tempo change towards the beginning of joji's next verse, we see clay's self improvement and emotional change along with his realization of his feelings for george.

going into the next verse, joji is building up to a incredibly impactful moment which is what i put in line with clay beginning to understand that he has to take his life in his own hands by talking to the people he never really realised was there for him (i.e. hannah and sapnap) when he reaches the stage of fully understanding himself and taking control of his feelings, we are reminded of the reality of his and George's situation. as the song continues, the impactful line of "i can't let you go" is what i very closely tie to the moment he and george finally kiss. it's impactful, emotional, and an incredibly strong and passionate moment for not only the song but for the people in this story. everything they've done to maintain their relationship truly falls into place at that moment which everyone has been waiting for.

and yk the falling action as the song starts to slow down which is why i included the feeling of a high adrenaline rush being slowly died down. and that is what concludes the story of 'just across the street' :) i may change the title in the future if i feel like it SIMPLY because i feel as though it doesn't exactly correlate to the purpose of the story, however i think it will stand for the time being :)

so uhhh i hope you enjoyed that lil bonus and once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for reading this story and showing it so much love !!! i truly appreciate every vote, comment and the notifcation that yall have put my story in your reading lists!! it makes me so happy to know that i can write stories that you guys enjoy and love, that's really what keeps me going, so thank you thank you thank you <3

i think i can proudly say that this is the story i'm most happy with. i feel incredibly proud of this story and also proud of myself for completing it and committing to it (bc i've never done that in the past sjdbjhsdf) i never expected this fanfic to blow up like it did but im so happy that yall think it's one of the best written ones out there, that really really makes me so happy !! annnnnd i think that is all :)

feel free to leave any ideas for future stories or predictions in this story/any questions you have about it and what you'd like to see me do! i'm always open to new ideas and idk maybe a oneshot book but we'll see in the future ;)

edit 1: hey yall!! idk if anyone who has already read this will see this edit but sdhfsjdfh i just posted a message on my conversation tab regarding upcoming stories and the idea of a sequel to this story! i would really appreciate it if you could take a look at it and tell me what you would like to see me do :>

edit 2: new cover!! I drew it rn and is my first official fanart of them jshdhdksjdn hope u guys like it (○’ω’○)

edit 3: ok ok ok ummm if u havent already yall should check out my newest story "stop acting like that" its also dnf soooo if ur lacking some serotonin go give it a read but its kinda angsty but its cool :> ALSO a quick lil winky winky face uhhhh i have decided that i will be writing a bonus chapter for this story!! im not sure when, but i feel like it'd be fun soooo yeah :))

🎉 You've finished reading ••¤( 𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝘼𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩 )¤•• 🎉