Chapter 9

Trigger Warnings: None I think but if there are, please let me know

"No Anna..." Kat whined from her spot on the couch. "I'm not tired..."

"Uh-huh. Sure you're not. That's not what it looked like when you fell asleep on me." Anna replied, smirking at the last bit.

A small blush covered Kat's face. "It was just a quick nap."

"Yeah, sure. Just another quick nap when I got up for literally three minutes?"

"Yup!" Kat giggled. "Now come back...I'm cold."

Anna smiled at Kat. She sat back down next to the younger queen. Kat climbed onto her lap and rested her head on Anna's chest. Anna played with Kat's hair; she began to braid it when Anne and Cathy came in.

Anne's hair was disheveled like she had just woken up. Cathy was blushing. They sat down on the loveseat. Cathy whispered something to Anne. She got a laugh from the latter.

Kat had jumped at the laugh, being zoned out. Anna pressed a kiss to the top of Kat's head. "It's alright. Just Anne and Cathy."

"Where are Jane and Aragon?" Kat asked, looking around.

"Probably coming. Jane's probably grabbing a few games to torture us with. You just rest. I'll be right here."

"Too loud."

"What's too loud, babe? Anne and Cathy?" She shot the couple a look as she mentioned them.

"Them."

Anna was still somewhat confused as to what was disturbing her girlfriend. She wished that she could be more helpful. "Can I do anything to help?"

"Stay."

"Of course, Kitty. I wouldn't go anywhere." Anna reassured her.

The living room was quiet for a few more minutes. The relative silence and Anna's presence had lulled the youngest queen into a light sleep. Anne was smiling at Cathy, who was talking about one of the books she had been reading.

"Okay! Is everyone in here?" Jane's voice interrupted the silence.

Anna winced as Kat flinched back awake. Kat had tried to play it off as nothing but Anna had noticed. She shot Jane a look.

"Yes, baby. Seems like it." Catherine said to Jane. She set a game down on the coffee table; Candy Land.

(A/N: Apparently there are different ways to play Candy Land so I'm gonna write it how I usually played it.)

Anne and Cathy joined the other two by the coffee table. They helped to set up the game. Soon they realized, however, that there were only four game pieces.

"You guys play. This one is tired, whether she'll admit it or not." Anna said, poking Kat's nose.

"I'm not tired..." Kat protested.

Jane looked over at Kat and the girl froze. "You look tired, love."

" 'M not."

"Alright. Alright. The kid's not tired. Now can I kick someone's ass in Candy Land or not?"

"Anne! Language!" Catherine scolded her with a soft smile. Anne only stuck her tongue out.

The game got off to a good start. Anne had taken an early lead, only to be forced back near the beginning due to a single card. Cathy laughed at the adorable pout on her girlfriend's face. Catherine was actually in last place until she picked up a card that let her go to the top right corner of the map.