Chapter Forty-three

Merry Christmas lovelies! This is my gift to you guys! (: Oh, and this chapter has violent scenes. Which some of you might like (;

•Chapter Forty-three•

After dinner, we all went to the living room; well except for mom, who is washing the dishes in the kitchen. Nervously, I fiddled with my fingers at the thought of what's gonna happen later.

I tried to listen to dad's jokes about his grandmother back when he was a boy, to ease the nervousness. But it wasn't working.

Randy laughed along with my dad, while I just sat in silence. Dad must've noticed causing him to call my name , "Lucinda."

I turn to face the direction where the voice came from. "Y-yeah?" I stammered, clearing my throat. "You seem silent, you okay? Is there something wrong?" He questions worriedly.

I shook my head and weakly smiled, "No dad, there's nothing wrong." I mumbled before closing my eyes. I mean, what's the use opening your eyes if you can't even see a damn clear thing? I might as well just rest it 'till I get better. Afte all, that is what the doctor did say.

"You sure?" He asks again, and I nod. "Well, in that case then, I don't see any reason for you not to go with me tomorrow." This made me open my eyes, confused I asked, "What? Where are we going tomorrow?"

"Silent Mound High of course!" He exclaims, "You're still going to have that interview you know. That's why we're going there tomorrow, so I could enroll you."

"I didn't still agree that I would school there! In fact, I didn't agree at all." I spat, "Dad, I don't wanna spend my last highschool year here in this hideous place!"

"What do you mean 'hideous place' ? Lucy, I don't think there's anything hideous here in Silent Mound, well except the town's name of course but-"

"What? You mean you haven't seen anything suspicious? Like, people dressing the same color at the mall as if there's some dress code?" I yell in exasperation, "Or people acting weird and staring at you like you're some alien?"

"People dressing the same color of clothes?" Randy mused, "Well, that's something you don't see everyday." The urge of punching him was very high, I suggest he should shut up if he wants to live.

"Yeah, you're just exaggerating Lucy. Why would they stare at you like that? Maybe you had something in your face?" Dad spoke. "Or your hair." Randy adds.

"Shut it." I hissed at him. "I won't be going to that school or any other school here in Silent Mound. Can't we all just go back to our real home and just forget about this place?"

"Like I told you Lucy, we can't go back 'till that house that burned down is fixed, and the criminal is caught." Dad sighs, "I have a hunch that police are still looking whoever burned the house."

"Which reminds me hun," Mom added, her voice loud enough to head from the kitchen, "We have to leave, the police said they found leads about the criminal. They want to talk to us too."

This made my palms go cold and sweaty. The police are still looking whoever burned the house down, meaning they're still looking for me. What's worse, they found leads.

"You okay babe? You seem pale." Randy spoke, with a hint of amusement. "N-nothing, I think I need to retire, or those medicines I drank this morning won't cure this glaucoma of mine." I ramble, cursing myself for sounding nervous.

I stood up and slowly made my way to the stairs. I was about to climb up, when I felt an arm wrap itself around my waist. I let out a gasp of surprise.