Rufus smirked. "Yes. No point in delaying anything." He turned back to the rest of his Turks as he addressed Veld. "I would like Commander Rhapsodos and Miss Fair to ride with us, as well as Tseng. Reno and Rude can fly in the other helo."

Genesis looked like he was about to object, but Kris put a hand on his arm. His glare transferred to her, but at least he kept his voice low. "We cannot trust them."

Kris sighed. He wasn't wrong, but she knew when to fight certain battles, and when to concede. "Maybe, but fighting him on this is pointless. Just keep your guard up, and it will be fine."

She didn't give him a chance to continue arguing as she turned to Rufus once again. "I will need to gather a few things if you don't mind. It should help keep the nausea down."

The only indication of Rufus' discomfort at her reminder was a slight loss of color. He still graciously gestured to the helicopter they came in. "By all means, get what you need. We will leave in thirty minutes. That should be enough time to get situated?"

Kris nodded before she turned to see the other three Soldiers were not happy with her either. She tried to give them all smiles. "I apologize for that, but it needed to happen."

Sephiroth sighed as he finally nodded. "I understand. I still don't like it, but I will not argue. You had valid points."

Angeal stepped forward with a wry smile as well. "I suppose I understand why you don't want me to go to where the crazy alien is, but don't worry. We'll make sure we have a plan."

Kris didn't doubt that for a minute. It was the fact that plans always had a way of falling apart that she didn't care for. At least Angeal wasn't hurt by her words. She tried to give him a smile in return. "I'm sure it will all work out."

Angeal patted her shoulder and let Zack give her a hug before they both went back to the other chopper. She was just glad her brother didn't put up more of a fight at the arrangements. She already had enough to deal with given Genesis' attitude.

Since Rufus had given them a half-hour, Kris went ahead and made a cup of tea. At least she could sip it while they traveled if nothing else. It wasn't long afterward that both helicopters were in the air and headed west.

---------------------

It was an incredibly cranky group that flew into Junon a few days later. None more so than Kris. She had not been allowed to rest as much, and it showed. Rufus had been too interested in finding out more. She wasn't shocked by that fact, but it still made travel even more miserable than it had been before.

Even with frayed tempers, there was a small group headed through the city almost as soon as both choppers landed. Genesis wanted to find a doctor immediately, and Zack insisted on going as well. Rufus allowed it with the restriction that at least one of the Turks had to go with them, and Tseng could not be the one chosen. Not that Kris would have, but he was still under 'investigation' due to his role in the current debacle. Most of the group thought it was ridiculous, but they didn't have time to argue as they were only staying the day.

Reno ended up being the one sent. Kris thought that choice was even more biased than Tseng, since the redhead was a friend of the Fairs, but didn't mention it. At least it wasn't Veld. That man was still more than a little angry with her. Not that she was surprised by it. He probably would be until they got to Nibelheim, maybe even after.

Despite having a destination in mind, it still took the small group nearly an hour to get to the office. Kris almost walked right back out as soon as they entered. There was a room full of Shinra military. She wasn't given a chance to do more than think about it, as Genesis had immediately grabbed her arm. The rest of the people in the room jumped to attention with a salute. She repressed a sigh at the action since she should have expected it. It wasn't as though her fiancé was unknown.

It also did not shock her when he was able to bypass the queue and get her into a room almost immediately. She had seen him pull rank before, so she didn't even bother saying anything. She also knew the rest of their group was waiting, so she bit her tongue.

When the doctor finally entered the room, Kris felt for him. He froze when he saw Genesis, but frowned at the sight of her. At least he was polite when he turned to Genesis. "Commander Rhapsodos, it's a pleasure to see you in my clinic. I still must advise you that I don't normally treat civilians."

Genesis pinned the man with a glare. "Be that as it may, we are short on time, and it is imperative that my fiancé is checked."

The doctor lifted a brow as he looked at Kris. She gave him a tentative smile and tried to ignore the fact that she could already see the cogs turning in his head. She knew without having to ask that the news that Genesis was engaged would be out by the end of the day. She pushed the thought aside since it was bound to happen sooner or later and instead focused on the questions she was being asked.

The doctor gestured for her to take a seat up on the exam table. "So, what issue are you having?"

Given the man's reaction to what Genesis already said, she really didn't want to tell him, but she knew there wasn't much choice. "Not an issue per se, but we have reason to believe I might be pregnant. We need to verify if that is the case, and make sure everything is alright if it is."