Untitled Part 6

☆☆

PRESENT DAY

Two days after the accident.

"Hey, gummy bear" my dad says teary eyed "um...I and your mum were searching through old photos and you looked so cute" he laughs with tears falling down his cheeks. "I know I'm a whimp...why am I crying?" he says using his sleeves to wipe his cheeks "well...maybe because I love you and I miss you..."

I try to put my hand on my dad's shoulder to comfort him but as usual he doesn't know I'm there.

"Yunno I tried to call you but you wouldn't pick, I thought something had happened to you"

I know dad.

"But I couldn't....I'm sorry I feel like I failed you gummy bear-"

You didn't dad....you're breaking my heart, stupid one way conversation!

"Yunno Reece is back, he's been looking for you ever since he came back from Wales...he wants to come see you but your mum thought it would be a great idea if it was just family..." he pauses and chuckles.

Reece.

"You wouldn't believe the scene Lola made when she found out but it's stupid... Lola's family and I'm sure your mum will let her see you soon"

She was family.

I did know...I saw it happen. So far I've realized I can't leave the hospital but I can go anywhere in the hospital, I saw crazy Lola my best friend trying to get in my room but the nurses denying her access, I still smile thinking about it.

Lola has been my best friend since forever- her mum was an immigrant who left Mexico to run away from her abusive husband, my granny hired her as a cook and Miss Elena Flores gave birth to Lola right around the time I came into the world, we were just a day apart and she liked to joke about how she was older and more experienced-Lola's mum died a year after she was born- naturally, her heart just stopped working in the middle of the night and so my grandma raised Lola as her own so we kinda became automatic best friends, my dad had a falling out with Nana white- it hurt because I loved my nana but I couldn't do anything about it, so I and Lola kinda lost touch but we still found ways to communicate and then we got accepted into the same college and we've been inseparable ever since.

So...yes, she was family.

"We haven't heard from Jayden... yunno, not that I'm complaining, if I ever see him-I'd kill him, I'm serious." My dad says with his jaw set, he blinks and grips my hand tight.

Jayden West- my biggest mistake.

Thinking about it now causes me so much pain, I lost everything because I was too blind to see what was obviously in front of me.

And I lost everything.

AUGUST , 2015.

"Sooo...we're still hanging out tonight!"

"Maybe, maybe not"

"Why?"

"I've got training tomorrow"

"Ugggh...you always have training, would it kill you to have fun once in a while" Lola pouts at me.

"I have the winter Olympics coming up, it is a big opportunity for me as an athlete Lola" I say while making myself a smoothie.

"But like it's months away, it's just one night...are you seriously going to drink that?" She says wrinkling her nose and pointing to the smoothie, I roll my eyes, pluck my nose and swallow the whole thing down.