"Well, hi mysterious girl. I'm Simon, Sophie's brother," he explained, holding his hand out for me to shake. Yet, I was still frozen to the spot. He coughed awkwardly, his hand still lingering, and once again I cursed at myself.

"I'm Talia! Nice to meet you," I spoke quietly, shaking his hand. Firm grip.

"Sorry, Sophie's just upstairs, she told me to let you in," he spoke awkwardly, moving to the side to let me in. I took a quick look around, impressed at the sheer size of this house.

"You want something to drink?" He offered, and I accepted with a smile. I followed him off into the kitchen where he grabbed me a glass of water, and perched on a seat next to me.

"So, mysterious girl," he continued, a mischievous sparkle in his eye, "what do you do for a living?" He seemed genuinely interested.

"Oh well I - I have a smallish YouTube channel, where I post beauty and music covers sometimes, but mostly I stream," I explained. I moved between the two, sometimes preferring to stream, but sometimes preferring to make content.

"Oh nice! So I'm guessing you're here to do a collab or something with Sophie?"

"Jackpot. We're doing some sort of makeup video for her channel, I was really surprised when she messaged me if I'm being honest," I explained, already feeling comfortable in his company.

"Well, we're all normal people, really. We just have super cool jobs."

We were interrupted by Sophie coming into the kitchen, a small smile on her face.

"Sophie!" I said excitedly, jumping up to go and greet her. "It's amazing to be able to finally meet you - how have you been?" I asked, waving a small goodbye to Simon, and following her up the stairs.

We filmed the video in the presence of her boyfriend, Harry, and it actually went really well. I had fun, and I had done quite a good job, if I said so myself.

"You should stay for lunch," she offered, and I wanted to, but I had promised Angele I would be back to eat. I could always message her...

No.

"I'm really sorry, but I promised my sister lunch. Another time?" I mentally kicked myself. She wouldn't want to meet up with me another ti-

"Sounds great! You should come round and hang out with me, Freya and El! They'd love that," she offered, and I felt incredibly welcomed by the sentiment.

"I would love for that to happen," I spoke, but she was off staring at the wall.

"Sophie - sophie! I said I'd love that," I repeated, smiling slightly as she seemed to take it in this time.

"It's my birthday this week - I'm hosting a thing for some friends, you should totally come round, if you're free," she then offered.

"Oh wow- yeah, I would like that a lot," I accepted, a little taken aback at how quickly she had welcomed and befriended me - I wasn't mad about it, just surprised.

"That's great! You don't need to bring anything, just yourself," she laughed, and I nodded my head.

"I should probably get going," I spoke, after a moment of silence.

"Oh right yeah," she agreed, opening the door and leading me out. We had barely made it round the corner when her brother, Simon appeared out of nowhere.

"Where'd you come from?" I asked, an amused smile on my face.

"From my room," he stated, as if it was the most obvious answer ever.

I didn't even notice Sophie slip away, I was too caught up in the moment.

I was somewhat confused as to how I felt so comfortable around all of these people already - it felt as if I was best friends with them all.

"So, mysterious girl, am I going to ever see you again?" Simon asked, lingering by the front door.

"I don't know. Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders, grinning out of sight.

"Good to know, good to know. I'm guessing I'll see you at Sophie's birthday party."

How did he know I was attending that?

"Wh-"

"Goodbye, mysterious girl," he whispered, walking away, and back up the stairs.

I laughed under my breath. He definitely was something, something I was most certainly intrigued about.

Wooooo!!!! I hope you guys liked the first chapter of this fic! I'd also like to state that I'm trying to make the links as accurate as possibly, but pls cut me some slack if they're not 100%!!!!!! Also what are we thinking, slowburn MiniMar or fast pace??? I can't quite decide yet, I'll see how it goes xox

{1434 words}