02| Bumping into you. AGAIN

Taeyong laid in his bed, processing the events that occurred earlier in the day.

Taeyong nodded 'no' at Jaehyun's offer. He couldn't possibly trust the man he met just a few hours ago and barely exchanged any words to each other. Jaehyun looked towards Taeyong's direction and just nodded to himself.

"Well if you ever need a ride home just find me at the cafeteria," Jaehyun said while smiling softly.

Taeyong just nodded his head at the offer and just like that Jaehyun left the bus stop and Taeyong finally got on his bus that had just arrived.

He remembers the way Jaehyun looked at him, he seemed upset when Taeyong declined his offer. Taeyong shook his head at his delusional thoughts and decided to go visit his mum at the florist boutique. The fresh smell of rosemary and the beautiful smile on his mother's face is what brought his heart at ease.

"Mum, when are you going to close the shop?" Taeyong asked.

"In a few minutes honey, why?" Taeyong's mum asked curiously.

"Why don't we go out for dinner? Soojin can join us later when she finishes her lectures at university" Taeyong spoke with a bright smile.

"Well not today honey, I have to go to the restaurant to work but if you want you can come with Soojin later I can give you some free food yeah?" Taeyong's mum said while smiling.

Taeyong nodded his head at the response. He went back upstairs to the apartment and decided to get changed before his older sister came home so they could go visit his mother at the restaurant. He wore a white tank top with black ripped jeans, it was the summer season in Seoul so it was pretty humid today.

Taeyong sat quietly in the living room and the sound of the keys jiggling and the door opening averted his attention onto his sisters.

"Hey Taeyong, mum said that you want to go out and eat? we can go after I go to the bathroom" Soojin said in a hurry.

Taeyong looked at his sister and slightly nodded his head in agreement. Soojin didn't take long as she went to her and Taeyong's shared bedroom and did some retouches to her makeup. Taeyong just stared at her from the door of their room waiting patiently for her to be done. Taeyong knows he should start making an effort to start talking to others, he barely exchanges any words to anyone except to his mother and barely any words to his sister. He thinks of Jaehyun again, Taeyong smiles at the thought of Jaehyun and Taeyong knows this beautiful man is really nice.

"Hey Noona, If someone does something nice for you should you repay them back?"

"Yes, that would be nice of you and like just giving them a small little gift like chocolates would make them happy I guess" She replies.

Taeyong smiled at the response and then they both locked their apartment and left.

He knows that Soojin is very tired but they haven't been out to eat for a long time now, money has been very tight for them ever since their dad died two years ago. His mother works two part-time jobs outside the flower boutique they own so that Soojin and Taeyong don't have to stress about having a job and studying at the same time. His mother is happy that Taeyong got a scholarship at a prestigious high school and it can open up many opportunities for him in the future and all she's doing is trying to pay off Soojin's university tuition, bills and hospital bills from years ago.

Taeyong's family was even struggling back when his father was still alive, paying money for medication and hospital bills, his dad had to quit his job for his heart condition but it wasn't easy for anyone especially his mother. The screams of his mother and the wails of his older sister would never leave his conscious when they decided to take his dad off of life support. The doctors told them it was no use, that they were wasting their time and money when this man wasn't clearly getting any better but it was the hardest decision of their life. Taeyong is just happy that the event has passed.

Taeyong and Soojin took the bus to the restaurant. It was around a twenty-minute bus ride and both thanked the driver before they started walking to their mum's workplace. His mother is a waitress that works in a famous and expensive restaurant where many rich celebrities come to eat but luckily the manager of the restaurant favour's his mother and they always get a discount and sometimes free food but they have to eat in the workers break room to avoid catching customer eyes with their difference in social status.

Taeyong's mother's eyes were filled with happiness as soon as she saw her two children walk through the back door of the restaurant where they have been given permission to enter from there.

"Taeyong, Soojin, just on time, come into the break room. I already got some food brought out to you guys" She said in a hurry.

"Sohee, quickly come, a family just walked in, go and take their order!" Someone yelled outside the break room.

Sohee left like that so Taeyong and Soojin were alone once again. The two siblings began to eat their meals in silence, their ears were consumed by the yelling of chefs and the managers to get their work down fast and efficiently. Soojin decided to interrupt the silence.

"How was your first day at your new school? Made any friends?" Soojin questioned

Taeyong looked at her and nodded at her question. He muttered a small yes and continued eating. Soojin angrily huffed at Taeyong's small interactions with her, she's making an effort with him to at least say a few words but just a quiet yes won't cut it for her.

"Look Taeyong, I know you sometimes talk to me but I just want to hear your voice more often, I know being bullied in middle school for being gay was a horrible experience and you also had the burden of dad's death but can you at least try to say sentences to me at least more than twice a day?" Soojin said in a desperate voice.

Taeyong understood where she was coming from and it's not her fault at all it's been two years he should start to heal from the bullying.

"Okay Noona, I will try, "Taeyong said in a calm and soothing voice.

Soojin smiled brightly at that and gave Taeyong a ruffle to his hair and both went back to eating.

Her heart was at ease when Taeyong decided to say a few words to her, he's making an effort.

Taeyong suddenly needed to go to the bathroom but the toilet in the break room was occupied, he had no choice but to use the luxurious toilets outside. Taeyong muttered "I will come back" to Soojin and left the break room. He went inside the toilet and thankfully there weren't any workers on sight or either they would've reported him and his mum would've gotten in trouble.

Taeyong finished his business in the toilet, when he finished washing his hands he was opening the door to leave the toilets as soon as possible. He didn't see the man in front of him and Taeyong collided into the tall man and bumped his head hard on his shoulder. Taeyong stepped back to apologise but he only saw the man in front of him gleaming and Taeyong's face dropped.

"Hey Taeyong, I wasn't expecting to see you again like this. You have to stop bumping into me, you're very clumsy," Jaehyun said while laughing.

Taeyong groaned. Fuck. Me.

●●●

Comment here for more »