death

Death.

His hands grabbed onto the mattress balling into his fist. A soft exhaled through his nose as his eyes stared blankly on the ceiling. Today, there's no one visiting him. Ironically, as if they know that today, his time is up and was too scared to see that happen before their eyes.

Of course he have a hunch of it, but as a human he specifically won't know when will that be.

Reminiscing the time when all of this had started, bound to his bed, they always will be there beside him.

Gempa will care for him and chat on about his days on how everyone can't just stop being a weird mess,

Blaze showing off his new tricks and failing on them, asking him advice or ideas for a new prank on Solar,

Thorn come up and snuggled beside him, not wanting him to be alone by himself,

Ice caming into his room at random hours, patting his hair when he thought he was fast asleep,

Being the ears for Solar's out-of-space, 3am midnight thoughts,

and Halilintar just silently sitting there beside him with his poker face for an hour before exiting himself out.

For the first time after so long, he felt so lonely.

"Hali,"

The said boy looking up at him from his phone, slightly rubbing his eyes from staring at the screen for so long.

"What happen after a person die?"

The question took him off guard. Alarmed, the eldest of the bunch sat straighter. For a moment, he caught a glimpsed of fear on his stoic face. Feeling his tension, he too sit up from his lying position, laughing at him.

"Never knew you're capable to do such face. Relax Hali, it's only a dumb question." he assured, the latter scoffed, his pride swollen.

"Why... did you ask that?" Halilintar asked, his face grim but of course, he himself didn't noticed this.

The boy tapped his chin, voicing out his thoughts. "Many said, when a person die... they will met a hooded skeleton with a scythe. Guide you to the gates of heavens for good deeds or maybe kick you down the pit of hell to pay the actions of your sin,"

"...and some say, you sleep for eternity, became one with the void. Or you just, float up. Return to the stars." he turn to the blank night outside, the cloud hid the moon and no stars were visible that night. Just an empty canvas of black sky.

"I wonder, which one I'll face first when I die." he whispered.

Unexpectedly, his arm were yanked to his side, his chin slammed to his brother's shoulder blade as he pulled him into a warm embrace. A soft 'ow' escaped from him, but nevertheless he return the act of affection he displayed. He never thought he would get one especially from a person like him. The slow pat on his back comforted him.

"Taufan..." he whispered.

"It's okay to cry."

and he did.

Why people are always scared of the inevitable?

His eyes burned with the urge to sob as his stomach rock back and forth at the harsh waves of fear. His hands grasping tight on the mattress, as he fight in his short painful breathing. He can't feel his toes, and the weight on his body feels like the world has crashed and landed on him.

Everything escalated so quickly and all he could think of is his yearning need of comfort. Of someone, holding him in their arms.

It ended just as quick as it cames. His head feels light--no, everything feels light as if he weight like a feather. His hands hold him up for him to sit. A figure stood by the side of his bed, but the fear has resided from him. A small smile curved on his lips.

"Thank you, Death."

its inevitable,that's why it's meaningful

its inevitable,
that's why it's meaningful.