The Meeting

Alex’s P.O.V.

Everyone should be coming today then I guess. The meeting will be at Starbucks Coffee and we are going to gather by the front entrance.

I did get a couple calls from about 3 people, but what if no one shows up anyways?

I sighed precupated, I can’t worry about that. I am 24 minutes early anyways.

Twelve minutes had passed, I think that girl is coming over here! Let’s see, she has orange-ish colored hair and cream colored eyes.

“Oh hello there! Is this the meeting about the forest?”

“Yes it is. I am glad you came! We can wait out here for a bit longer in case more people come.”

“Sounds great. My name is Jane by the way.”

“I’m Alex,” I said, shaking her hand.

 “My friend Morgan will be coming in a couple minutes.”

“Oh ok. I have a couple of questions for you all.”

“Cool. If you want to ask me right now, I don’t mind.”

“Great. So, I know you don’t remember that well about this forest, but, do you have any idea of how long ago you experienced this?”

“Well, after I read your story, I remembered that I was playing with Morgan in a park where no kid or parent was.”

“A park? I don’t remember a park...”

“Yeah, I don’t know for sure, but I read you were on a street alone right?”

“Yep, there were no cars or anything, but I think it was close to that forest.”

“Well, I was alone in the park. I was just with Morgan, so there might be something about lonely places.”

Then, from the corner of my eyes I see a person, waving at me?

“Jane I’m here”

“Morgan! You came!” Oh, that wasn’t for me.

“Hi, Morgan? My name is Alex,” I introduced myself shacking her hand.

“Hi, nice to meet you, are you a murderer?” Uh... What?

“Um. . .I don’t think so?”

“Good.” Welp, this one's a weirdo.

"Ok? So, Jane was telling me that you and her had this experience when you guys were playing in a park?”

“Yeah, that’s what happened”

“Oh ok, I was just asking so I knew you guys weren’t lying or something.”

“So, I know I just came and this might sound rude, but I was wondering, where’s the money?!” Gosh she scares me.

“Oh don’t worry I will be paying all of you at the end of each day, I promise.”

“I’m holding you to that.”

Some time passes and we kept talking about what we are going to do. Then, another person approached us.

“Hey! I am Yang, is this the forest thingy meeting?”

“Yes this is, I’m Alex.” We shook hands. “Ok, so I’ve been asking everyone about what their experiences were with this forest, and I know you might not remember that well, but can you explain what you remember?”

“Yeah sure! So, I remember that I was walking home from work when something shimmering caught my eye. I decided to go towards it when I saw more of them farther in the distance. I think that they were rocks. As I got closer, I stumbled upon what appeared to be my Grandparent’s cottage. I was really curious so I decided to explore the house. I remember that from the outside it seemed like the forest you described in your story, and from the inside it seemed really creepy and it was all dark. I went further into a room, I seemed like my grandparents room, and I saw red glowing eyes that paralysed me, I forgot what happened next, I just know that I was back at my house but I don’t know how I got there, then after a day, all the memories I had of this disappeared until I read your story…” “That’s really odd. Has anyone else noticed a pattern? If you pay attention closely, we all have a different experience in a different location right before we get to the forest. If you ask me, I would say that we are- “Hey everybody! What did I miss?” “Oh, um hi. You must be Pati right? I think we talked over the phone.” “Yes. Sorry I’m late. My doggo was attempting to eat my precious baby (phone) and I had to pry it from his mouth.” *silence*