Ch2 continued

Sorry for the wait! I ran into an early case of writers block.

~~~Vicki's POV~~~

"Shut the fuck up!" I say, burying my hot face in my hands.

*knock knock*

Thank you door!

"I'll get it." Bay sighs, clearly upset that he has to let me go.

"You're such a douche." I say quietly as he releases me with a chuckle. I glance back and watch him exit the kitchen. I sigh and return to the package of bacon, tearing it open completely. There's so much sexual tension between Bay and I. I don't know why I react the way I do. I guess I'm tired of fighting him.

He's been around for years; since I was young. There's no use pushing him away. Its not like he'll ever stop. In fact, fighting him usually makes him more active. I usually just tell Yuki what happens and she holds him back for me. I can't remember how I kept him off before Yuki came along.

I hear the front door open quickly, followed by running footsteps. I fix my footing as a heavy weight is brought on my back and I nearly drop the carton of eggs.

"Vicki!" DJ shouts my name in excitement.

"Hey! Don't break my girlfriend!" Bay says as he returns to the kitchen. I stand up straight as the girl on my back drops back to her feet. I turn and glare at the man standing in the doorway. He smirks with half closed hazel eyes.

"Girlfriend? And when did she agree to that?" Yuki appears behind him, arms crossed. Bay moves aside to let the demoness through. Her scowl is quickly replaced by a warm smile as she steps in and gives me a hug.

"Hey buddy. Roselyn should be here soon. She wanted to get something from the market I think." She says as she releases me.

"Alright. You're early though." I say returning to the food on the counter. "I was supposed to have another 20 minutes. Nothings made yet."

"We'll help!" DJ shouts, throwing a hand into the air. I love her enthusiasm, but I'd much rather work alone.

"Naw, don't worry about it. Thanks for the offer though." I smile.

"If you say so." DJ shrugs, exiting the kitchen. Yuki turns to the door as Bay attempts to make his way towards me. Yuki grabs his arm on her way out and his direction shifts to reluctantly follow her.

The smell of bacon and eggs fills my home as my friends wait rather impatiently in the living room.

"Can we eat yet?" DJ whines. I sigh.

"If you want to burn your mouth, than yes." I say as I divide the mountain of fresh scrambled eggs from the pan onto five separate plates. DJ jumps from the couch and runs into the kitchen almost knocking into me. She stops short, trying to keep herself standing. I chuckle as I hand her a plate.

*knock knock*

"I'll get it. It's probably Rose." Yuki says, rising from the couch. I take two plates from the counter into the living room for Bay and Yuki, the remaining two plates ment for Rose and I still in the kitchen.

Yuki opens the door and a distressed looking Roselyn steps in holding a grocery bag in one hand and a yellow paper in the other. She looks towards me and her arm extends as she hands me the brightly colored note. Puzzled, I set the plates on the coffee table and begin to read it.

~~~~~~~~~~

DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING
NOTICE OF EVICTION

Victoria Wicker, you are required to either pay the full amount of $5500 or leave the premises within seven (7) days after service of this notice.
If you fail to either pay the full amount of rent due or move from the premises within the seven day period, a lawsuit for eviction may be instituted against you. You may also be required to pay all fees and court costs incurred in such lawsuit, including attorney fees.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stare at the paper in disbelief. My eyes start to water and my grip on the paper tightens. I've been unable to afford rent lately. My only job being a freelance artist doesn't exactly leave me financially stable.

I feel a set of arms wrap around me, followed by two more and soon another. I sob into whichever shoulder is closest to my face, probably ruining someone's shirt. Various hands pet my hair and pat my back. The bodies begin to shed away as I attempt to calm down. I take in a deep, stuttered breath and wipe my tears away with my wrist. Yuki picks up the paper that I didn't notice I dropped. She scans over the page, her face morphing from worry to sympathy.

"Why didn't you say something? I could help you..." she says, looking up from the now wrinkled and tear stained paper.

"You know I have money! You should have just told me you needed help! I'm your best friend and you didn't even say anything!" She raises her voice. Her eyes water and she quickly covers her mouth.

The house fills with silence. She lowers her hand and simply utters,

"I'm sorry... Will you let me help you?"

It takes me a bit of effort to find my voice.

"I'm not going to take your money without working for it."

"Fine." She says. "Then work for it." I raise an eyebrow.

DJ interrupts. "You could live with us! Do work around the house or something!" Yuki's puffy eyes light up at the idea. DJ's natural smile returns and Rose nods in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well there ya go!

I'm amazingly proud of myself for how this turned out. SO much happier than when I posted Ch2 part 1

AND THIS ONE HAS ART!!! I DREW IT!!! ISNT IT PRETTY? :D

I'm sorry. It's 3AM and I should have gone to sleep hours ago but I really wanted to finish this. I'm a bit loopy.

Dedicated to Melonbread96 for giving me the energy to power through this.