The Boy in the Ice Berg

The Katana is a powerful bender, one that almost equals the Avatar. The Katana is the loyal and fierce other half of the Avatar. They can control all of the elements as the Avatar. Their cycle though, is one ahead of the Avatar. They know who they are once they master their first element, and the Avatar is left clueless until the Katana masters the element and reveals themself. The Avatar and Katana are destined to be together so strongly that not only do they have a powerful connection that binds their souls, the cycles may not continue if they marry another.
—————————————————————
"Water...Earth...Fire...Air"
"My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar and Katana kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar and Katana mastered all four elements. Only they could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed them most, they both vanished.

A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me, my brother, and sister to look after our tribe.

Some people believe that the Avatar and Katana were never reborn into the Air Nomads and Water Tribe, that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar and his Katana will return to save the world.

Kaia's POV:

I was watching Sokka's poor attempt at stealth trying to catch the fish at the perfect time, when he could have easily asked Katara or I.

"It's not getting away from me this time. Kaia, Katara, watch and learn. This is how you catch a fish." Sokka proudly stated.

As if he could catch a fish with the piece of bone he calls a spear. The sound of swishing water tore my attention away from our poor brother. I smiled when I saw Katara bending a bubble of water with a fish inside.

"Good job Katara! Is that the move I showed you?" I asked.

Even if I'm the youngest, I'm a natural when it comes to waterbending. At least according to Gran-Gran. In my opinion I could use a lot more work if I want to be come a master.
"Yeah, I was practicing all last week so I could try it out today. Sokka look!"

Katara said to me in a thankful and proud tone, but calls out for Sokka so he could stop worrying about playing fisherman. I love my brother and all, but let's just say his fishing skills aren't exactly on the hook.

"Sshhhh Katara! You're gonna scare it away. Mmm I can already smell it cookin'!" I swear, all he thinks about is food.

"Sokka...you're drooling." I deadpanned.

I let out a snort when I saw him glare at me and wiped the wrong side of his face. Oh well, he can figure it out himself. He focused back on the fish making little circles around Sokka's side of the canoe. It's like the fish is taunting him if it stayed around this long. I turn to Katara who opened her mouth to say,

"But Sokka I caught one!"

I turned around and saw the water struggling to hold its shape. Katara lost the ability to bend it anymore when Sokka reared up his spear and popped it with the blunt end. The popped orb rained itself all over Sokka. I looked into the water and waved at the fish Katara caught. The fish looked back at me and...winked at me? 'Did I just get hit on by a fish?' Oh what I would give to be an airbender.

"-magic water I get soaked?!" I turned back around to see my older siblings bickering over Katara waterbending.

"Hey! It's not magic, it's waterbending. And it's-" I started but was soon cut off by platypus bear brained dunderhead over here.