"Is there any particular reason why you're here? I'm sure it isn't to tell me what I already know."

"I come bearing suggestions, or seasoned words of advice to be more precise."

Luca arched a dark brow at the man, suddenly antsy in his seat. What could this old man possible have to say and about what?
Crossing his legs slowly, Luca settled rather quickly again.

"What are these suggestions about?"

"On how to get rid of your competition, your foes, your antagonizers. I think I may be of some use. I had spent some time on the street in my young days."

Luca wasn't surprised, not even a little. Everyone had a past. It would be absurd to think otherwise he thought.

"And what can you do for us that we haven't already done?"

"You need a mastermind, a conscientious person. No offence but both your niece and yourself have lacked that entirely. Your brother, Paul was quite a meticulous man. When he died, he took his admirable traits with him and your enemies had figured that out long before any of you did. It's why the sabotage seems neverending."

"How do you know all that?"

"I'm a very observant man. I never let people know what I know." Brian replies, flexing his jaw. It had remained quiet for just a few seconds.

"I'm only doing this because I don't want any of my children getting hurt. Not Brienna or Bran, Cassie, especially Craig." He had given Luca the impression that he knew something about the guy but never said.

"I truly don't want to see your niece hurt again either. I knew it was absolutely horrific for her and to watch that happen again would scar anyone."

"So what do you propose?"

"That depends," the older man replies, taking another drag from the cigar, tasting the sweet tobacco on his tongue.

"Depends on what exactly?"

"On how much time you have of course." He states and Luca chuckles.
Those words had definitely come from a man who knew exactly what he was about.

* * * *

"You-" Mia had begun to mutter beneath her breath when they were being led into the home, by the very person they'd spent a few weeks worrying about. They'd finally decided to show up at Ava's parent's and there the younger girl was, laying low at her childhood home.

Brienna had heard her friend mumble phrases due to her frustration and she had slipped a hand in between the girl's arm and pulled their bodies closer to the other, squeezing Mia enough to stop her from spewing those nasty words for everyone to hear.

"My gosh, we really missed you." Trisha had been the one to ease the tension in the room when they'd all been invited to the living room. Ava sat alone, observing them in the quiet when suddenly her eyes made contact with the ring on Brie's finger.
She gasped, covering her mouth. Her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"What the fuck did I miss?"

"Everything..." Mia retorts, and beside her, Brie had heard her mutter the word bitch beneath her breath and she knew it was meant to ease a bit of the tension..or so she was hoping.

"Raye proposed in the hospital and a few days ago. We were trying to get ahold of you way before but you were ignoring us, why?" She asks the latter in a very dejected tone, her silver eyes drooping with sadness. It left the younger girl feeling convicted and with a slight wave of melancholy. She'd really missed so much; Raye at the hospital, the whole celebration when she came out and now the proposal. She knew she should feel horrible.