Thoughts

Fitz's POV

I hate this. Being 'lone with my thoughts. Sometimes they are good thoughts, thoughts about Jemma and I. What it was like before I had, um-um...hypoxia? I think that's what the doctors said. Others, they're more like nightmares. I start thinking of reasons as to why Jemma hasn' come to see me yet. What she will think of me when she finds out I am damaged. What S.H.I.E.L.D. will do with me now that I'm different from everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, my thoughts are taking me back to when Jemma and I were trapped in the pod. As much as I hate thinking about it, at least I get to see her.

I wake up with agonizing pain in my left arm. "I think I may have broken my arm," I say to myself. I look around the small pod and see Jemma lying still on the other side of the pod.

I try as quickly as I can to get to her. I check her breathing and pulse, and exhale in relief, not realizing I was holding my breath, they are both good. "I don' think I should wake her, she looks beautiful and peaceful just laying there. Unconscious to what has just happened around us." I think in my head.

 I gently lift her head off the ground and place my cardi beneath her head. "Much more comfortable than the cold, hard floor." I whisper to myself. I look behind me and see an EKG device (I remember Simmons saying it monitors your heartbeat and stuff like that), I grab it and start trying to modify it to send off a signal on an old S.H.I.E.L.D. frequency to Coulson so he can know that we are...I look out the only window in the pod...at the bottom of the ocean? The pod is supposed to float on the surface of the water when its filled with oxygen, so that can only mean...oh no. I ignore the ping in my stomach that makes me feel like this won't have a good ending, and keep working on the device.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jemma starts waking up and has a confused look on her face. "You looked peaceful sleeping." I say with a warm smile. I fill her in on what has happened and where we are.

After a while, she start talking about the first law of thermodynamics. "It's fitting we are down here together Fitz, this is where all life began." She says looking out the window. Man, she looks so beautiful, the sunlight, beaming through the ocean, glistening off her face...Fitz! Focus! I start listening to what she is saying. "...no energy in the universe is created and none is destroyed. That means that every bit of energy inside us, every particle, will go on to be a part of something else...maybe live as a dragon fish, a microbe, maybe burn in a supernova ten billion years from now. And every part of us now, was once a part of some other thing, a moon, a storm cloud, a mammoth." "A monkey?" I really do love monkeys, and its true, what I said, I could live inside a monkey years from now. "A monkey," Jemma responds with a smile. "Thousands and thousands that were just as terrified to die as we are. We gave them new life, good one, I hope." After a minute or so, her facial expression changes to one of seriousness and the face she makes when she has an idea. "Fitz the glass!" She says enthusiastically.

The Light At The End Of The Tunnelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें