.2

Leigh-Anne
<<Did you talk to Alex? xxx>>
Perrie
<<I wish I never did!>>
Jade
<<Oh no! He didn't take it well then? xxx>>
Perrie
<<It was worse then I expected...>>
Jesy
<<Let him sleep on it and tomorrow you can sort it out xxxx>>

[Earlier in the evening.]
'Two months?!'
'It's not that bad.'
'It's America you're talking about, not exactly round the corner.'
Perrie went to her meeting very excited in the morning. Although touring was hard work, especially with a child, she still loved performing.
The meeting then took an unexpected turn when the management announced to the girls their plan to tour America for a couple of months. Perrie knew that was a lot to ask Alex.
'It's not the end of the world, c'mon!'
'Of course it's not... for you! You get to see Sienna everyday. I'm the one who has to miss out.'
'It's my job, what am I supposed to do?!'
Alex took a while to answer. 'Don't you think it's time we really talked about this?'
Perrie was confused. Or else, she tried to convince herself she didn't know what Alex was talking about.
'Pez I'm serious. She's growing up, we can't keep on moving her from one side of the world to the other. She's gonna be three next week. I really want her to have a normal life.'
Perrie knew what he meant. 'So are you suggesting I give up my job?'
'That's not what I'm saying. But maybe you should start to thing about slowing down a bit.'
Perrie looked up trying to stop her tears. 'Alex I would never ask you to stop playing, how can you even ask something so big?!'
Alex felt bad that came out the way it did. He held her hands. 'I would never ask you to stop singing but think about it. Performing, concerts, interview, it's fine, but touring the world it's different. Sienna is gonna need stability, she's at the right age to start nursery. She barely sees us together, let go our families. I've only got a couple of years left as a professional footballer, let's be honest. I want us to be a proper family.'
'We are! You knew I wasn't gonna stop performing, you knew it since we first found out I was pregnant. It was all figured out, I don't understand why you've changed your mind now.'
In fact, they did come to an agreement when Sienna was first born. Perrie was going to keep on recording music and performing with Little Mix. They both agreed that Sienna would travel with Perrie, although Alex was never thrilled at the idea of not seeing his girls for days, sometimes weeks.
But this was the first time an international tour was mentioned. He knew he wasn't going to see them for the two whole months and just couldn't come at peace with it.
'Because this wasn't the plan! We both agreed we were gonna go on like these until she would start school and then we'd both slow down. Now you're talking about taking her to America for two months! What don't you understand?!'
'Don't you shout at me. Would you refuse a World Cup? I don't think so.'
Alex looked at her dead in the eyes. 'I would if that meant taking a child away from one of their parents.'
Perrie rolled her eyes, frustrated. 'Of course, I'm always the selfish one. Can never get it right, eh?'
Alex lowered his voice. 'That's not what I meant...' but was interrupted by a soft crying upstairs.
'Great, she's awake.' Perrie stood up.
Alex stopped her and started walking towards the staircase.
'I'll go.' He started going up. 'Better make the most of it, since it seems you already made up my mind.'

[The morning after.]
Perrie and Sienna had been up for hours. Sienna, as most toddlers, was an early riser. Perrie managed to stop the little girl from jumping on her and Alex's bed that morning and took her downstairs to play before she could wake her dad up.
When Alex finally woke up, he found them at the kitchen table, drawing pictures together.
'And what did you draw there?'
'Aunt Jade and Jesy and Leigh.' Sienna pointed around her scribbles on the page.
'That's amazing. They're gonna love it!
Sienna spotted her dad standing at the door smiling. 'Daddy! Look, I draw you and mummy and Sienna and Hatchi and... Leo no! Don't get my toast!' She shouted pointing her finger at the dog who was trying to jump on the table.
'Maybe if you eat your toast... it's been on your plate for forty five minutes!' Perrie then looked at Alex who was now sitting with them at the table. 'Did you sleep alright?'
'Not really. You?'
'Same...'
'Babe I'm sorry I gave you a hard time last night. It's just hard to accept I'm not going to see you for so long. Try to understand.'
Perrie sighed. 'I know, and I'm sorry if it comes across as if I don't care, but I really do!'
Alex kissed her from across the table.
'Sienna kiss too!' Their daughter immediately interrupted them, being really jealous every time they kissed or held hands or hugged.
They laughed as she climbed in Alex's lap and they both kissed her on the cheeks.
Perrie continued. 'This is gonna be the last time we're gonna be apart for this long, I promise!'
'When are you leaving then?'
'In two weeks.'

[Hi everyone :) Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe xx I'm enjoying coming up with ideas for this story and writing makes me relax after really long days at work lol Let me know what you think xxx]