Chapter 8 - Help

"No - whatever it is, I'm not helping-"

035 had been trying to get 079 to help him with his predicament.
He could he trusted, but the anterograde amnesia thing was going to be a big issue.

His plan was, if he could get 079 to help, 682 would likely get involved, and he definitely had a better knack for remembering things.

"It's about 049!"

This actually seemed to gain some of his attention.

"1504 has been doing horrid things to him- and the doctors wouldn't believe me- 049 hasn't been talking to me- I don't know what to do!"

My gods, was he really experiencing panic? That hasn't happened in over 15 years...

079 looked suspicious, but also looked like he was going to agree.

"What do you need me to do?"

.
.
.

049 sat in his bed.
He hadn't slept.
He felt like he had to punish himself.

Even when he drifted off, he felt hands on him and freaked out, so it wasn't worth it to try and sleep again.

It was all his fault, wasn't it? 1504 is angry and 035 probably hates him now. He still feels dirty.

He was making 1504 happy?
Then why did he look more sad every time they met..?

035 looked angry.
He was angry at him, right? but he hurt 1504?
This was confusing.

He kept  remembering that phrase from the other night that deeply upset him.

He'll never love you now that you're all used and broken.

That line sent him into despair.

It hurt knowing he was right.

035 wouldn't want him now. Why would he even want him in the first place?

The more he thought, the more his irrational brain made sense of it.

Even his church abandoned him.

Was he really that horrid?

The memory of his leaders bloody and lifeless body flashed though his head, and suddenly he couldn't take it.

He broke down.

Everything was so overwhelming, and he couldn't handle it, he could feel the hands all over him-

A couple of nurses came in not too long afterwards, attempting to calm him down, but when that didn't work, he was put into the room that was all blank. There was the blank jacket and the blank sting of a needle, accompanied soon by a blank mind.

It was dark and quiet and useless now.

And there were few coherent thoughts going now.

He really was a monster, wasn't he..?

A solution.
The only solution.

He needed to be gone.
Forever.

And it had to be soon.