Chapter 4- interior

035 didn't really have anything to show his new found friend, he just didn't want him to get hurt by anyone here. Luckily, his improvisation skills were impeccable!

They walked around the yard for about a half an hour before stopping in the garden.

"I believe that you could do great things if we could get out of here."

"Hm? What do you mean get out? This place is great!"

Shit, this kid is too trusting...

"I mean... They don't exactly have the most humane treatments towards us."

049 looked at him, with that adorable confusion strewn about his face.

"Pardon my intrusion, but I'm not sure what you mean by that."

"And I don't want you to be here long enough to see what I mean by that."

049 contemplated saying something, but discarded that thought in the end, leaving them in silence.

That was until the sounds started.

049 was hearing voices.

He was confused and scared and didn't know where they were coming from.

The scariest thing though, was he recognised all of the voices.

Charles Stephenson

Sandy Sutherland

Jonathan Taylors

These were people he cured.. Why were the back now? They should be with the great Lord... At rest... Shouldn't they?

"Uhm... 035..? I do-don't know what's going on- I'm scared! We-we did everything correctly, th-they should've been- they should've been saved!"

049 was scratching into his arms. The hospital outfit was much too large on him, in turn, he could easily reach inside his sleeves.

035 wanted to restrain him from harming himself, but it was pretty obvious this kid had trauma, and physical contact might worsen this situation.
He was willing to take that chance.

Before he could do anything, though, the younger male wrapped his arms around him, holding on tight.

The boy, at this point, was crying into 035's shirt, pleading with him to 'make them go away!'

035 did not have a hold of the situation at hand. It was an unfamiliar feeling.

But soon the kid started screaming.
It was one of those heartbreaking screams. A desperate plead for help.

035 tried holding him and saying comforting words, but the kid was screaming too loud to hear.

Soon enough the nurses noticed and had to intervene.

"Hey! Hey! Patient 049! Let's calm down, here, ok? - he's not responding!"

Nurse Lesley decided it would be best to pin him down until security showed up, as he was a threat to himself.

"NO! GET OFF! STOP IT!"

Three nurses were attempting to hold him down, but despite his small stature, he was quite strong.

The other nurses were ushering the other patients inside.

035 stood his ground.

"No! You people clearly don't know how to take care of him!"

"035, shut it- you are not qualified to handle this, now, we need you to head inside and be -"

The kid kicked nurse Lesley in the stomach, causing her to stumble.
With one less person to hold him down, he was just a little bit more of a threat.