Chapter 6 - 1 month

TW: Emotional Manipulation, abuse, mentions of rape?

049 had this project he was working on. It was pretty impressive, but he saw it as merely a passion project.

It was really impressive with what he did, just digging out scrap prices of technology where he could find it and using it to build something better.

He'd only really been working on it in his spare time, ever since 035 told him internet and contact with the rest of the world was very restricted.

He did meet with the doctor.
Twice.

/
\
/
\

"Hello, 049. I am Dr. Verbeek."

049 expressed joy at this statement.

"Oh! And what field do you specialise in, Doctor?"

"... Psychology. We're here to talk about you today, though. So, if you'd please answer my questions."

049 looked at him. Continue.

"Ok, let's begin."

.
.

"Do you ever hear things such as.. Dismembered voices?"

049 thought for a moment.

"Yes. Although, I'm not too caught up in the psychology field, I'm not sure this would be related to this."

The doctor, for the most part ignored his statement.

"So, you do hear voices."

"Technically, yes, but I wouldn't call them that.."

"What are they?"

"Ghosts.."

049 was uncomfortable, and he expressed this subconsciously.
The doctor wasn't considering his emotions in the slightest, merely just skimming over this to wrap this up quickly.

"Ok, do you ever see anything odd. Like the ghosts you mentioned, for example. Do you ever see them?"

"Yes. They never seem too happy with us. I wish I could fix them b-but I can't. I'm not properly trained.."

"Hmm. Well, maybe that's for the better."

049s head snapped up.

"What..?" He asked in a low and threatening tone.

"I'm merely pointing out that your methods aren't that good."

The doctor nearly winced at his words, bit kept a straight face.

"Not good!? We're saving people! You're not even helping them-"

The security in the room shifted, but the doctor held up a hand as if to tell them to stop.

"Now where would you get that ide-"

"We are saviours! You fools can't even comprehend what we're doing! All I need is my equipment and I can save you all! I can- I can save you all-"

He choked up a sob unintentionally. He didn't even notice how emotional he was getting. He wasn't supposed to feel like this.

"Do you need some time to calm down?"

"N-no.. I'm completely f-fine to continue."

"You're sure?"

The doctor asked, not really caring.

.

"Do you feel safe here? If not, what can we do to make it better?"

049 didn't really want to talk now.
They'd been in this small room for half of an hour and he had begun to get nervous awhile ago.