1. A Beautiful Spy

Start from the beginning

Dan shook his head. "It's not like she belongs to an agency. No one can link it back to us."

"What did you describe her as?"

"A chameleon for hire," Dan said, "She can become anything you want her to. She comes highly recommended."

"And you're sure she can do the job?" Terrence asked.

"She's impressive," Dan said, "If anyone can catch his eye, she can."

"Good," Terrence nodded, "Bring her in. Let's meet our seductress."

Dan walked back to the door and opened it, beckoning to the girl.

Terrence fixed his gaze towards the door.

When Scarlett Ambrose entered a room, she made an entrance. Her dark brown hair was styled with the elegance of a vintage movie star and she carried herself with the aura of nobility. Bright blue eyes were framed by thick eyelashes and she had every making of a femme fatale.

She strode across the room to the waiting man with the grace and indifference of a bored runway model.

Terrence made sure his expression remained indifferent. "You're taller than you look in your pictures," he said, offhandedly.

Scarlett raised one shoulder, highlighting her clavicle, with a small, flirtatious smile. "I'm a lot more than what I seem in photographs," she replied in a sultry voice.

Dan watched as Terrence leaned back in his chair, slightly amused by her response.

"Spin for me," he said, motioning with his index finger.

Scarlett turned slowly, for both men to be able to admire her figure in the flattering dress she wore.

There was a small, triumphant smile on Terrence's face. He looked at Scarlett with hooded eyes and gestured to the seat before him. "You may sit."

Scarlett delicately placed herself in a chair and Dan roughly sat down next to her.

"Now," Terrence leaned across the table, "Tell me your name."

"Scarlett Ambrose."

"Do you know why you're here?"

"You need my skills," the young woman answered, crossing one leg elegantly over the other, "And I am here to provide them."

"Good. Are you familiar with corporate espionage, Ms. Ambrose?" Terrence asked.

"Let's not put labels that may get us in trouble. You need information into a business rival and someone on the inside to get it for you," Scarlett answered, "And that is where I come in."

"Yes, Ms. Ambrose. You will be our spy," Terrence said, "A rather beautiful one at that."

Scarlett didn't respond, but smiled.

"You will be Dan's assistant," he said and Dan nodded.

"How does being his assistant get you information about someone else?" Scarlett asked.

The men laughed. "The man we want to get at won't just take someone on willy-nilly, Ms. Ambrose. He will be a difficult person to win over. I hope that isn't a problem for you."

Scarlett shrugged. "I enjoy a good challenge."

"Well, your first challenge will be to prove to be an indispensable secretary to Dan," Terrence explained, "And then, we make him come to you."

Scarlett nodded.

"Are you ready to meet your target?" Terrence asked, with a smirk.

"Always," Scarlett said, easily.