"I'm taking first watch." I announced.

"I'm taking the last watch!" Clove said hurriedly. I smirked. We both hated waking up in the middle of the night to take watch. Cato rolled his eyes.

"Well, I suppose that I'm taking the second watch. Wake me when you're ready Alexis." He gently spoke and then winked at me before he closed his eyes and started to faintly snore. Clove nodded her goodnight and snuggled up to a tree.

I glanced around and pricked my ears. No sound was protruding the quiet silence. I kept my eyes moving but stayed completely still in the bushes near where Cato and Clove were sleeping. Something moved in my peripheral vision and I snapped my head to the side but didn't gaze at that particular spot. I searched that whole area, seeing if I could spot anymore movement and finally, a small rabbit hopped out from behind the tree. I quickly resumed by post as lookout and then Cato started stirring. I knew that it was almost his turn to watch so I quietly climbed out from the bushes and walked over to a tree not far from his slightly stirring form.

I looked at the sky and realised that it was his turn to watch. I gently shook him, knowing that he was already half awake. He rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up. He shook his head and regained his focus on me.

"Morning sleepy head!" I mocked him. He smiled,

"Shut up you." Before I could get away, he wrapped his arms tightly around me and forced me down, onto his lap.

"Come on Cato, you've got two sleeping girls to watch." I gave him a pouty look. He grinned cockily and kissed my cheek.

"Alright then, you win. Get some sleep." I nodded and curled up into a ball as Cato perched himself up next to the tree. I felt my eyes flutter and close and that was all I knew for tonight.

I woke up to feeling Cato's arms around me. I smiled with my eyes closed and snuggled into him. I could tell without looking that he was still asleep, due to his breathing pattern. I gently opened my eyes and found myself looking into a sleeping Cato. I smirked and pulled my hand up to brush a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. I looked around to see Clove trying to reach some apples that were high in the tree.

I noticed that she kept looking down at us, just to check we were alright. I gently opened Cato's arms and slipped out. I quietly called up to Clove.

"Need some help there?" She looked down and saw me standing at the base of the tree. She nodded.

"I can't reach these damn apples!" She snarled, pointing at the bright red fruit.

"So I noticed." I swiftly climbed up the tree to where she was. I reached out and plucked three apples off the branch. She glared at me.

"Shut up. Just because I'm short and small and I can't reach!"

"You have talents in other areas sweetie!" I retorted back before descending down with two of the apples. I stated eating one as I waited for Clove to come down with hers.

We continued this process for about an hour. One collects food while the other takes watch. I wish Cato would just hurry and wake up. It was nearing around ten o'clock and he still hadn't stirred. Clove and I looked at each other, worried. I gently shook him.

"Cato?" I said. I poked him. "Cato." I started to raise my voice. I opened my mouth to yell at him, but Clove took over.

"Cato, you useless bag of lump, get up before I sit on you!" She bellowed. I nodded my head approvingly at her, but still Cato made no sound.

"That's it!" She said, "I'm sitting on you now!"

"Wait!" My piercing voice stopped her. I noticed a feather sticking out of Cato's collar and pulled it out. Just as I had dreaded, it was a sleeping dart.