𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆-𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

"Paul." My dad said bluntly.

A curious smile spread across my face.

"O...k, last name?" I asked.

"I can't remember right now. I'm super tired." He yawned, indicating that he wanted to go to sleep.

"Alright, goodnight dad!" I said and walked out of his room.

When I get back to my room, my phone buzzed on my side table where I left it.

———

Messages
Willow💕

You said to text you sooo what's up?

Sooo basically my dad landed a job in Berkshire and he's going over  to the house tomorrow
Also the guy's name is Paul!

Last name?

My dad doesn't know but we can't get our hopes up, I mean what are the chances really?

I don't know every Paul in Berkshire so I wouldn't be able to work it out😐

🙄
Anyways, I got to get to sleep. I've got lots of paperwork to do for my dad tomorrow.

Why doesn't he hire someone to help you?
I could do it. After your mum died you've taken on doing all of the housework, as well as your schoolwork, the job for your dad and you trying to start up a singing career. You need some help.
I'll come over at 12 tomorrow and help you out.

Omg! That would be great! Thank you Willow!All of the hard work will pay off in the end😁
I need to get some SLEEP!!!!!

Ok.Goodnight ily xx

Luv you too! Xx

———

I put my phone back on my side table and wrapped myself under my duvet. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I didn't expect my dad to be home, he always left early on a work day.

I rolled to the edge of my bed but stopped myself with my foot before I could fall. I sat up and yawned, stretching out my body. Standing up was a challenge for me sometimes, as I tend to stand up too fast and then become dizzy, but today I seemed to be ok.

Slowly, I plodded down to the kitchen and started making breakfast. I looked at the time, it was 11:47.

"Shit." I whispered to myself.

I ran upstairs to get dressed. I got changed into my dungarees, which were my favourite, and a striped top.

I finished getting ready just as the front door opened. Yes, she has a key to get into my house and I have one for hers. Willow comes over so much that we made the decision to get keys for each other's houses. It seemed right.

"Ally!" She shouted as I came running down the stairs to give her a hug.

"Willow!" I shouted back.

One thing I loved about our friendship was no matter how long it was since the last time we had seen each other, we would always greet each other with a hug.