𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆-𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

I got out of my dads van at around 6:30pm giving me enough time to prepare food for us for 7pm.

As I went to get some fish fingers out of the freezer my dad turned on the tv in the kitchen. The dinning room crossed with the kitchen and we had a tv above our dinning table that was pressed against a wall. He turned the channels over until he got the news. We both concentrated on what was being said while my dad started to empty the dishwasher. I put the fish and chips into the oven shortly after.

Fifteen minutes later, the timer went off.

"I'll dish it up!" He shouted.

He didn't like me to be near anything dangerous, not after how I lost my brother.

"Ok thanks dad!" I called back.

I was sat in the living room on my sofa and slowly got up, still staring at my phone. Scrolling through social media can be very addicting.

I made my way into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. My dad put a plate down in front of me, the news still playing in the background.

"Thanks for helping me today and making dinner." He says looking at me.

"No problem, I like helping you!" I smiled.

We started to eat when I heard a ringing.

"Dad I think that's your phone, you should get it." I said.

"What!? No it's dinner time." He replied.

"What if it's a new job. You need to get it." I say shoving his arm.

"Fine." He says getting up and walking to the kitchen counter.

I sit and watch waiting for a good response.

"Kyle Jones," He said, putting the phone to his ear.

I couldn't really hear much from the other end of the line but my dad's face said it all.

"Yes, could you hold on one second while I check my schedule?" He put the phone on speaker and started tapping away on his phone.

Now I know I shouldn't get to excited and I don't even know if there was any possibility that it could be Max and Harvey's dad at the other end of the phone but then again it was nice to think it could be.

He took the phone back off of speaker again and held it to his ear.

"Ok I'm free around 3pm tomorrow, would that be alright?"

Again, I didn't hear what the other person said but he must have confirmed that it was ok since a huge smile appeared on my dad's face.

Once my dad had finished asking for all of his details he wrapped up the phone call.

"Ok! See you tomorrow then. Bye." My dad hung up the phone and let out a sigh of relief.

I looked at him questioningly.

"So?" I asked.

He stared right at me, "I've got a job in Berkshire tomorrow but it's only one of those jobs I do beforehand."

Basically how my dad's business works is that he goes out to the persons house to check the things he needs to buy and all of the equipment. I don't normally go to them with him. Then when he has the equipment he needs for the job I go along with him and help him out.

"That's great dad!" I said getting up to hug him.

We continue eating and after dinner I clear up.
As I'm getting ready for bed, I realise I never actually asked my dad anything about the job.

I walk across the landing to my dad's room.

"Hey," I said knocking, "I never asked you anything about the job like I normally do."

He laughed a bit.

"Well the job is to install WiFi and he said that if it goes well he would want me to install other things around the house like CCTV cameras and other fancy tech."

"What's this guys name?" I ask curiously.

"Paul." He says bluntly.