Viente Uno

Present time

"Is this Ms. Deanna?"

"Yeah? Who is this? Why do you have this phone?"

"Don't panic, but the owner of this phone. Ms.... Bea. Bea de Leon, got into a car accident."

"What?!" Deanna stood from her chair and immediately get her car keys. "Where is she?"

"The first responders were already on the scene and bringing her to the hospital. She's unconscious. If you wish to see her, were bringing her to the nearest hospital. New York General."

"Okay we'll be there." Deanna said and ended the call.

She rushed onto Jema's office to tell her and Ced's after. They got onto her car and drove to the hospital.

"Ano bang sabi nangyari?" Ced asked while Deanna was driving.

"I don't know they didn't elaborate."

"Drive safe, babe." Jema said and Deanna nodded and drove safely, but fast to the hospital.

They almost arrived at the same time with the ambulance and Bea was in the stretcher and was rushed towards the ER.

"Oh my fucking God." Deanna said cause she got a glimpse of Bea's state.

She had blood all over her body and her legs were severely covered.

"What?" Jema asked.

"I think she shattered her legs." Deanna said.

"Are you her companion?" A nurse asked.

"Yes." Ced answered for them.

"Just wait here okay? We will do our best."

They nodded and waited outside.

"It's crazy." Deanna said as they sat on the waiting area. "She have this words to me earlier like telling me that she loved me.. I don't know. Feels like..."

"Don't say it." Ced cut her and looked at her painfully. "Just don't."

2 hours later.

Deanna's hands were on her head, elbows on her knees, Jema's tapping her foot impatiently on the floor and Ced's walking back and forth when Bea's surgeon stepped out of the ER.

They all stood up and looked at the doctor.

"Shit. Her face is disappointed." Deanna said.

"Uhm. We are sorry." Dr. Leah said and paused.

"Tangina." Ced was already sobbing.
"Damn." Jema sat down again, her knees were weak.
"Motherfucking..." Deanna exclaimed and threw a punch on the wall.

"We did our best but we couldn't save her legs."

"Did she just said legs?" Deanna asked Jema.

"Shush!" She whispered to Deanna. "But she's alive?" She asked Dr. Leah.

"Oh yes. She's alive."

"Thank God." They all sighed in relief.

"Okay, just a quick friendly reminder from us." Deanna let out a wry chuckled. "When you are going to break out some news something like that, to their family or friends, please avoid making some long pauses on your statement. It doesn't help!!"

Dr. Leah raised her brow and Jema had to pull Deanna on the side.

"Sorry, she's her best friend. Quite upset." Ced apologized. "So about Bea, can we see her?"