Side Story

Let me fly you to a little trip to Thailand, where Jia have been for the past months. They are having an 'end of season ball/party' the following morning when she got an unexpected visit from Miguel.

"Jia?" He said behind her. She snapped her head towards the direction of the voice.

"Miguel?!" She couldn't believe what's her eyes is looking at.

Thailand is a very huge and of all the places here, her friends chose this mall to buy clothes for tomorrow. Seren-fucking-dipity.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Oh, we are on a mission here."

"Mission? What are you a spy now?"

"No!" He laughed. "We have an organization that flies out children that are victim of slavery."

"Oh right! That organization. Bea mentioned it once. It was like 6 months ago. It's still running?"

"Of course. Thanks to her. She made a very generous donation."

She nodded her head and smiled giddily. Her girlfriend really is a good person.

"You what are you doing here?" He asked her.

"In Thailand or in this mall?"

"Both?"

"I applied for a training camp here. It just ended so we are celebrating."

"Ah. And.." They were interrupted by Frank.

"Jia." She looked at him and his smile melted the moment he saw Miguel. "Oh."

Frank.

Frank had been pursuing Jia for God knows how long, even with Jia saying that she has a girlfriend and is not available.

"Yes, Frank?" She asked with a little hint of irritation.

"I was just trying my luck again for... The ball tomorrow. Would you be my date?"

She looked at Miguel who is standing behind her and waiting for her to finish whatever they were talking about. "I'm sorry Frank. I already have a date."

"Who? Him?"
"Me?"

"Yes. You. You're asking me right? Right?" Jia said and looked at Miguel in a wide eyes trying to send signals to Miguel. 

'Please agree, please agree.'

"Ah.. Yes. Yes. I am asking you would you go with me to... to..."

Jia mouthed 'ball'

"To.. to the mall."

Jia face slapped.

"Mall?" Frank asked.

Jia looked at Miguel again and formed a circle using her hands.

"To the ball! Yes! To the party. Would you?" Miguel asked.

"Yes." Jia said and faced Frank.

"Heh. Okay. I thought you have a girlfriend?" He asked.

"Oh, he's a friend." Jia said.

Frank nodded slowly and left them.

"Well..."

"Thank you." Jia said.

"Welcome. Anyways my flight back to Philippines is tonight so.."