S E V E N T Y - T W O

Start from the beginning

They followed Hermione to the dark alleyway. Four of them rested a bit. 

"Your father is a death eater?" asked Ron, breaking the ice. In that moment, she wanted to shut her eyes and puke all of her insides out.

Not now, please. Not now.

How can she answer this? She knows the answer, but why she can't open her mouth? Simple, it was her panic attack was blocking her from answering this question. She felt overwhelmed from what happened today— almost killing someone, having a headache from the occlumency, and lastly Ron's question.

Her chest tightened as she could no longer breathe properly. She felt her surroundings closed, making her claustrophobic. 

She recited her favourite poem. 

Our experiences are similar,

My words sound like yours,

Your scars look like my wounds,

A smile we share in passing,

My pain knows your pain,

And yet we still love.

Where did she learnt that poem? Was her father who taught her that? Was her mum? Cedric? And suddenly, the realisation hit her like a train. It was Draco who taught her that. Counting numbers were ineffective to her, but reciting or singing poems helped her to tone down.

Once she was done, Y/n finally straightened her back and say "Yes, he is. I'm sorry for not telling you this."  Ron blinked, Hermione's jaw dropped, and Harry's nose flared. 

"And what about the letter you sent us, huh? Trust in your father? Wherein, he's a death eater?" asked Harry, pointing his index finger at her. Y/n opened her mouth but was shut when Harry continued, "Is this some joke to you? Are you trying to kill us? How can we trust you now that your father is a death eater— what if you're a death eater, are you going to kill us, too?"

The air shifted. The tension around them gets thicker and thicker.

"That's what you think? I've been trying to find the best way for the upcoming war and you're just going to accuse me like that? Listen up, I didn't work for months just so you could point your finger at me. Do any of you want to know what I've been up to, huh?"

No one answered, yet she continued.

"I have seen the other side of the war and there are more people backing out instead of fighting. If you think you got everyone on the good side, you're wrong. People are hiding and they don't want to be killed. That's why I asked Linus to gather some people in France to stand with us," she add a chuckle at the end of her sentence "Hell, I even used my money to help and feed them. Whilst all of you are here, I am helping the others. Even my father helped me."

Harry, Ron and Hermione were shocked. Shocked because they didn't know how much y/n has sacrificed for them— not just them, but for everyone. 

"If you're going to continue this fight, I will back up and the others, too," said y/n.

Harry faced her. They are now glaring at each other. Meanwhile, Ron and Hermione are standing at the side, turning their eyes side by side.

"How can we trust you? What if you're lying?" Harry remarked.

"Do you want the unbreakable vow from me?" she raised her right brow.

She didn't even stuttered.

Hermione gasped. Of course, all of them knew the unbreakable vow. If the terms of oath are broken, the person who breaks it will die. There is a war coming and they have to find the person they can put their trust in. And the only thing she can come up with, is the doing the unbreakable vow just so they could trust her.