Just One Kiss Ch 42

Start from the beginning

 Paying the taxi Rahul went in. He hoped that the Phoenix had what he had in mind for Tia. "May I help you sir?" said one of the many attendants. "Just looking." He told her.

"Are you looking for something in particular?"

"Yes but I will know it when I see it."

"Very well Sir." She said and left him alone.

It was a big store and he wondered around for an hour and a half selecting and rejecting several rings before he saw it. A 3 millimetre band of Jasper rested in the centre of a half inch wide white gold band. The stone in the centre was Agate, cut in triangle surrounded by almost invisible turquoise stones. Rahul suspected each little stone was less than a millimetre across. They were that small. This was going to be his engagement ring.

Scanning the other rings he spotted the perfect mate for his. She would also get a jasper band, only 1 millimetre thick, surrounded by white gold. But her centre stone was opal in a teardrop shape. He saw also that again those miniscule turquoise stones surrounded the centre stone.

He raised his hand and caught the eye of the attendant who had spoken to him earlier. As he waited a sleek brunette approached the case. He always thought ladies like her starved themselves on purpose no matter what they claimed. But when she pointed to Tia's ring and murmured, "How lovely," he was prepared to take her down.

"I know it's lovely. And it's mine." There must have been a slightly deranged look in his eye because  she moved away quickly, throwing him a cautious look over her shoulder.

"Have you found what you are looking for sir?"

"Yes. These will do."

"Excellent choice. These are part of our Birth collection."

"Can you they can be engraved?"

"Of course." She answered with appreciation. It was wonderful when the client had a vision and the rings fit that vision almost perfectly.

"What would you like the rings to say?"

"Yours for Eternity."

"Very well sir. The engraving will take about an hour."

"They might also need resizing."

"Of course sir, do you have rings that we can use to do this?"

"Yes." Rahul said and took off the ring on his finger and gave it to her and took out from his bag Tia's favourite ring (she had taken it off to wash dishes. He had snagged it on his way out) and gave it to the woman.

"How does this ring fit your lady?"

"A little loose but that is to get over her knuckle easier."

"It doesn't fall off does it?"

"No."

"Very good sir, the rings will be ready shortly.  

"Thank you. I'll wait."

While he waited he went upstairs and had a look at the wedding bands. Almost immediately he found what he was looking for. They were simple his and hers white gold bands. Each band had a thin disk of the primary stones of opal and agate. The jeweller had to have made them to match his engagement rings. Attracting the attention of one of the attendants he asked for the bands and took them back downstairs with him. Going to the same attendant who had dealt with him before, he handed the bands to her.

"I would like these also."

"Certainly sir. Will you be having these engraved as well?"

"Yes. I will like these to say 'Our journey brings.' And I would also like two butterflies to be engraved into the rings."