━━ THE MORNING

WREAK HAVOC.
( the morning )

" RIP YOURSELF OPEN, SEW  YOURSELF SHUT

YOURSELF SHUT. "

JULY 6TH, THE TRIBUTE CENTER

"I'm not wearing that stupid outfit," Juniper said.

Caldwell glared at his little sister, not understanding why the assigned training outfit had her throwing such a fit. Out of all the possible problems she could be angry about, it had to be about stupid sewn together pieces of fabric.

"June," Caldwell started. He was met with an angry scowl, but it had never stopped him before. "Just put on the stupid clothes, before we're late and get dragged down there."

Juniper threw down the outfit onto the dining table, before she turned to their mentor Cyprus. "Why do I have to wear that? Why do I even have to go? The only thing I will be doing is training to die!"

"Don't you think you're being just a little dramatic?" The older man asked, which turned to be a mistake because the girl lunged at him. Caldwell swiftly sat up from his chair and grabbed her around the waist, holding her back from strangling their mentor.

"Stop!" Caldwell yelled. "You're not helping, just stop it!"

"I'm so sorry if my teenage girl dramatics is causing a burden to you, old man, but I do not see the point of going down in an enclosed room with all the people who will be trying to kill me. It doesn't help at all, the only thing it does is prove to the stupid careers who will be the easiest to kill!" Juniper spat at him, finally shoving her older brother off her.

"That's the point exactly," Caldwell told her. "To prove to them that you aren't that easy to kill. So why don't you save up all this pent up anger until we get down there, and attack a dummy, or a damn trainer for all I care."

"Your brother is right, Juniper," Kaia chimed in, the escort appearing out of nowhere. "Besides, training isn't optional, young lady. If you don't put the uniform on and are down there within ten minutes, the Peacekeepers will force you. And we all know how that went during the reaping."

Juniper just sighed again, knowing their escort was right. She couldn't help how angry she was, she never had been able to. God knows how many times it had gotten her and Caldwell in trouble, but everything in her life sucked, and somehow within the past two days it found a way to suck even worse. The reaping incident hadn't been on purpose, but whenever someone grabbed her it just brought an instant moment of panic, and then there was no stopping her from swinging. And of course Caldwell would come in to try and stop whatever she had gotten herself into, only to be dragged into the fight as well. It was a never ending cycle. She would snap and lose it, and Caldwell would try to play the hero and get himself in trouble in the process.