━━ THE TRAIN

WREAK HAVOC.
( the train )

" WHEN DID THE FUTURE SWITCH   FROM BEING A PROMISE TO BEING     A THREAT

FROM BEING A PROMISE TO BEING
A THREAT. "

JULY 5TH, THE TRAIN
DISTRICT ONE COMPARTMENT

       "This sucks."

Vervain sighed at his sister, hearing the two worded phrase more times than he could count since she woke up. The girl had been running her mouth all morning, though it was better than the uncharacteristic silence she had when they boarded the train the night before, but it still wasn't ideal. Vervain struggled to keep his eyes open as he sat at the table, not getting any sleep as he waited to hear any noise from his sisters room that proved the inevitable meltdown had finally occurred. The boy did that often, not finding it in him to be able to close his eyes when he knew his sister was battling something inside her that was prone to exploding, but it didn't mean he enjoyed the morning after when his eyelids felt like heavy weights, and his head pounded from Wisteria's nonstop rambling.

"Oh, you think this sucks?" Vervain asked in a bitter voice. "We'll I'll be sure to go to President Quinn and let him know of your complaints. I'm sure he will understand and we will be on our way home."

"Yeah, we will certainly be on our way home, Vain," Wisteria replied, seemingly butchering her piece of toast as she violently spread peanut butter on it with a butter knife. "In body bags!"

"So that's it, then? You're already giving up?" Vervain asked, not even bothering to try and eat anything that would just come right back up.

"No, I am not giving up. I am a Voss, after all. I just so happened to have been cursed with more brain cells than the rest of the family, and am just being realistic. Your brain may not work the right amount, but I know you have perfect eyesight, and even you cannot say that you truly think that the rest of the tributes we saw when we watched the reapings, won't be a problem," Wisteria said, letting out a scream of frustration when the piece of bread in her hands completely fell apart. She was seconds away from losing it, she could feel the grasping pull on her chest, and the spreading of anger traveling to every nerve in her body. It was hard not to feel it, the anger she had. Or the sadness. Or any other emotion that seemed to ravage through her ten times the amount it seemed to effect most other people.

"I'm not saying they won't be a problem," Vervain whispered, his voice holding no more annoyance as he could feel the state she was in. "I'm just saying we have always been able to get through all our problems, no matter the consequences."