Calming Moments |2|

Start from the beginning

"Ight, I'll hit you up. Nice meeting you" he smiled.

"You too" I smiled back.

The little boy waved goodbye and he held Jacy hand and walked off. I chuckled to myself and continued to draw the scenery.

At Home- 9:45pn

I walked into the completely dark house and I turned on the living room light.

After I left the park I decided to drive around town and just take away from reality for a minute then go back into it.

I set the keys on the kitchen counter and then I went back upstairs and into the room where Shia was laying there watching tv.

"Why the hell you comin in at 9 at night?" He said looking over at me.

I ignored him and put my bag down in the closet and took off my jacket hanging it on the doorknob.

"You hear me talking to you right? What was you doing out there?" He said getting louder.

I ignored him again and went in the bathroom to take the wig off of my head and get in the shower.

He came into the bathroom looking mad as ever. "You deaf? You was with other niggas huh?" He asked then smacked my butt.

I grabbed the alcohol bottle and put some on a q-tip and I started removing the glue from my head. He stood there watching me as I finished taking off the wig and the wig cap and then I took out my cornrows.

When I was about to leave the bathroom, he pulled onto my hair and yanked me back. "Ow Shia stop" I whined trying to move his fingers.

"Yo ass out there being a hoe and shit meeting with other niggas, I should fuck you up right now mani" he said in my ear.

"I wasn't meeting with no men Shia damn, I'm not like you" I winced.

He smacked me hard in my back and it stung really bad. I tried to squirm out of his hold but he kept pulling me by my hair.

"Stop trying to get away from me, ion like that shit" he said.

"Okay just let me go your hurting me" I panicked.

He grunted and then let me go pushing me. "You lucky ion have the energy right now just go on the bed and lay down" he said then laid on the same side he was on and watched the tv.

I laid down and got under the covers and then my phone went off. I got it off the bedside table and looked at the text.

310-369-2765 : Wassup 😁 this Jacy

I looked at it and smiled. "Who that?" Shia asked looking over at me.

"Oh um, it's nobody just the people texting me about paying my phone bill" I lied.

He nodded his head and took his attention back on the tv. I looked back at my phone and texted him back and saved his number in my phone.

Me: Hey.. I wasn't expecting you to text me this late
Jacy: My bad lil mama 😂 I had stuff to do after I left from the park
Me: It's fine, I was just about to take a shower and go to bed that's why I said that 😭
Jacy: Igh buh lets talk real quick, I'm bored and my sister and cousin talking my ear off
Me: Oh okay, what you wanna talk about?
Jacy: I met you at a park Soo you like the outdoors?
Me: To be honest😅 not really, I just go out there to draw
Jacy: Ohh okay 😂 how old is you?
Me: I'm 24 hbu?
Jacy: 25 thank god cause you looked young as hell so I thought I was about to catch a case
Me: 😂😂 if you thought you would catch a case why'd you ask for my number?
Jacy: I had to take a risk 😂🤷🏾‍♂️
Me: And if I was underage?
Jacy: I would've had to block your number and read a bible hoping god would forgive me😬
Me: 😂😂😂 you a funny one
Jacy: It comes naturally 😉

"Who you texting so much like that?" Shia said snapping me out of that little world I was in.

"Bae I said it's nobody, I'm just typing something on my notes for tomorrow of shit I could draw" I said.

"You better fuckin be ian playin with you" he demanded.

"Mhm" I said then went back to my phone.

Me: You cocky but I gotta go take a shower now, I'll text you tomorrow.
Jacy: Okay dang, goodnight though
Me: Goodnight 😇

I smiled then shut my phone off and got up. "I'm going to take a shower" I told Shia and he nodded.

I grabbed my towel and phone and went in the bathroom locking the door and then took a shower.

Jacy POV - the next day- 1:15pm

"Gio go get dressed, I need to drop you at your moms house" I told him as he was eating a sandwich.

"Ugh, going to mommy house is boring" he groaned.

"Well you have to go or she gone put me on child support and file for custody" I said to him patting his head.

"I know I know, all she does with me is get her nails done and take me to eat out" he complained while chewing his sandwich.

"At least she take you out gio, she's trying, it's hard for her cause she doesn't have anybody to help" I shrugged looking at him.

"Then how come you not boring?" He questioned.

"Cause your dad just not boring, every where I go, I take you with me and certain things your mom can't do with you cause your a boy" I told him.

"What does that mean?" He said scrunching his face up.

"She can't shop in girls stores with out you complaining, she can't get her nails and feet done with you, you know girl shit. She's trying her hardest though so keep it in mind" I explained