|><| Chapter Five: Artist League

Start from the beginning

"No. Go. I'm auditioning for a spot in the music department. I need some moral support" Jooheon whines, also standing up taking his tray that he had vacuumed a long time ago and following after his grumpy friend.

"Yah! guys! wait for me" Jackson call after them, quickly putting the last spoonful of rice in his mouth and running after his friends.

__________

"What?" Changkyun asked as he noticed his friend Jooheon intently staring at him.

"Aren't you supposed to wish me good luck? I'm going up on the stage later you know" Jooheon says. His small eyes still looking at Changkyun in a disapproving manner. His lips puckered out in disapproval as well.

Changkyun and Jooheon are currently at the school auditorium. Jooheon is having an audition for a spot in the artist league and decided to drag Changkyun with him for moral support. Changkyun let himself be drag there as he decided to try it out as well.

Turns out the artist league have auditions every year for students who wanted to join. But one of the requirements is you're supposed to be a member of at least one club in the school. And the spot you're going to sign up for should be connected to the club you joined in. Apparently the club has certain number of members in every department. Changkyun still doesn't quite understand how the whole artist league works but as Jooheon says, its a big deal. All the students sent to compete with other schools came from it, so if you're part of the artist league it means you're the best. Changkyun had been in this school for years but he didn't know any of that. Well, he never really cared until now so he guessed that's the reason why.

One question though. Is he even qualified to join? He was never in any clubs before and one of the requirements says you need to be a member of a club.

"You'll do great, you don't need me to wish you good luck" He told Jooheon casually.

Jooheon gave him a playful eye roll. He friend pat his arm before shuffling away. Telling him that they are being called backstage and advising Changkyun to go find a seat for himself.

"I see you decided to come"
Changkyun turned around faster than light when he heard that familiar soothing voice.

"oh uh... Good afternoon Mr. Chae" He said in common courtesy. Feeling a little awkward under the Teacher's gentle gaze.

Mr. Chae gave him a kind smile and a nod, acknowledging his greeting. Then he gently touched Changkyun's shoulder, giving him a small innocent push to go at some direction.

"Come, the literature department sits around here. I'll introduce you to your schoolmates"

Changkyun panicked internally. He was going to tell Mr. Chae that he hadn't really thought about joining yet and was only there to watch and observe how things go around the place. But the hands of the older male that was on the back of his shoulders made his mind malfunctioned.

Is he a creep to say that he can literally feel the warmth of Mr.Chae's hands even though his wearing a coat over his uniform or even if the teacher wasn't even touching him that much? He felt it, it was only the tips of Mr. Chae's fingers but his heart is literally hammering in his chest.

Mr. Chae's body temperature must be naturally really warm, that's all

Changkyun mentally said. Trying to calm down his speeding heart.
Changkyun was pulled back to reality when he heard a series of "Good afternoon Mr.Chae" and "Hello sir"