Chapter Four

...bandanna. He wore it around his neck and the color reminded Everleigh of the man in her dream the night before. After she realized her notion was false, she chuckled a little and went back to scrolling.

All she saw were pictures of her girl friends with their boyfriends or her guy friends with their girlfriends. "Ugh. That is so disgusting... I never want to--  Aww!! Look how cute they are together!!! I want to be in a relationship too! But with who?" She started to go over all of the boys she knew. Then she concluded, "Welp, unless a young and handsome prince comes and takes me, I'm hopeless."

Everleigh hadn't realized that while she was finishing up saying these words, Faith had been walking to the car and opened the door to the driver's seat. Confused, she asked, "Now, why are you hopeless?"

"Oh! Hey Faith! That was quick!"

"Yeah, um, are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah." She said chuckling. "I was just scrolling through Insta and all my friends are posting pics with their 'significant other.' I was just thinking about how literally no guy I know would be able to fit the description of a husband for me." They both laughed as Faith changed the subject and started talking about the Spring get-together.

By now, the girls had drove off and were only about eight minutes from the mall.

"Hey, you wanna get some pretzels from Twisty Doh first, before dress shopping?" Everleigh asked.

"Yea sure." Faith replied.

Once the girls arrived at the mall, they got out of the car and saw that it was packed. I guess they hadn't quite noticed that it took Faith so long to find a parking spot. They were too busy chatting.

Going into the mall, the two girls saw some of their friends, who they talked with for a few minutes and then went and headed for Twisty Doh.  Faith ordered a giant cinnamon pretzel and Everleigh ordered salted pretzel bites. Everleigh payed for both since Faith drove them there.

While they were eating their pretzels, they went around to each of their favorite stores. None of them had dresses but they just wanted to go in and shop around. They then decided that they should start shopping for their dress since their hands were already almost getting full.

They walked and talked for a while, heading to some dress shops when they came across a new store. It was called "Carlyle's Four Daughters." The place seemed so nice inside and the girls were eager to shop. There were fancy dresses everywhere! This was the perfect store to shop. As they walked in, the man at the checkout desk slightly hollered in order to say, "Afternoon ladies! Hope you find what you're shopping for. If you need any questions just help me!"

"Thank you!" Both girls told him.

"Uhhh is he okay?" Faith asked as the two girls chuckled.

"I don't know. That's funny. I wonder if he's like on something." replied Everleigh.

"He probably just stumbled on his words and we're just making a big deal about it." Faith suggested.

"You're probably right. Oh look at this dress! Faith this color would match so well with your eyes!"

Everleigh had pointed to a long yellow dress with ruffles on the top section in a diagonal position, and sparkles from the waist down to the floor. The sleeves were off the shoulder and there was a small amount of blue butterflies lying scattered on the dress, following the diagonal layout.

"Oh my gosh it's beautiful!" Faith exclaimed. "And the theme is perfect for the Spring get-together. I'm gonna go ask the man where a dressing room is."

"I'll come with you." Everleigh suggested. "I want to know where it is for when I need to try on a dress."

So they walked up to the man and Faith asked where the dressing rooms were. He answered them, "If two pretty little ladies would go yonder to the desk and ask for questions from the troll with the green hair then the dress would be purple, and I would know. So go to the door with the lady and put 'em in there.  Two per part. Thank you." And with that, he tipped his hat as if to bid them go to the dressing room.

"Um." Faith mumbled. "Were we supposed to understand that?" She whispered to Everleigh.

"Let's just find the rooms ourselves." Everleigh told Faith.

So the girls searched and not long after they started, they found what they were looking for. Just as they approached one of the rooms, The man who had been at the desk, was right behind them and said, "If youuuuuu think that Tommy Joe would appreciate your shenanigans then so help me!! But I will not allow you two sneaking in my locker!"

"Excuse me sir, we are just going to try some dresses on. I--"

"Then where is her purple pineapple!?" He questioned.

When he asked this, he was looking at Faith who was holding the yellow dress and pointing to Everleigh who wasn't holding any dress. They assumed that he meant 'why isn't she carrying a dress?' So Faith said, "Oh. She hasn't picked out any dresses yet, but she wanted to know where the dressing room was as well."

The man's face grew red and he looked extremely angry at the two. The girls looked at each other very confused when the man grabbed both of the collars of their shirts. "If you don't swipe them I'm gonna blow this up!!" He shouted.