Chapter 5

Gigi POV-
Crystals lips slam against mine, sending a jolt of excitement down my spine. It seems soon, just getting out of a relationship but I don't care. It's what I want. I can feel his skin next to mine and my hands tangle in his hair, pulling his head back so I can breathe for a moment. When our lips come back together his smile is like magic and I push further, wanting to be closer.
"Gigi!" Comes a muffled voice, breaking up the perfect image in my head. I realize immediately that it's Jaida. "Get up, we have to film!"
"Shoot. I'm sorry, coming." Even if he doesn't know what I was dreaming I still find myself embarrassed. I don't know if Crystal feels the same way but I just can't get it out of my head.
I wonder how he's going today. Hopefully better than yesterday.

I'm the last one to arrive at the studio but I'm definitely not late. You would never find Gigi Goode late to anything. Certainly not drag race. Everyone is chatting and Crystal waves me over. "I like your jacket." He mentions, pulling at the sleeve.
"Thanks!" I reply, blushing hard. I wish I didn't blush so easily.
Everyone stands for a bit longer, and I can tell a few of the girls are grumpy because we have to be up shooting so early today. Honestly, I'm really excited.
Finally Ru comes on the tv to announce our challenge for the day. We get a rundown of the 3 looks and the main show. Finally, the one I've been waiting for the longest. The unauthorized Rusical, iconic. This season, it's Madonna through the years, and as a group, we have to decide who gets what Madonna. Which already sounds like a train wreck. First thought I have is fear of Jan. That queen can sing her ass off effortlessly. I can carry a tune, but it's not really my strongest category. Crystal looks thrilled and I'm happy to him excited.
When it comes to recording the parts and getting our dances, Crystal is struggling a bit more, but he still seems incredibly happy. I think before he was being held back because he refused to express his emotions, but now he's strutting around with all the confidence in the world. I'd do anything to have him that happy all the time. I think he's going to do great.
Me? I think I'm doing great. No, I'm not the most talented dancer, but if I can do anything it's perform. If I learned anything from doing drag at straight bars it's if you aren't feeling it, just pretend like you are, sell it, and everyone will be on their feet in seconds.
The lunch break comes in what feels like seconds and we all get a little time without cameras in our faces. Crystal eats a sandwich and I order takeout from the Chinese restaurant across the street. We end up eating with Jaida and Jan who are laughing about some video they say this morning. Crystal is still beaming over his ideas for the Rusical, and I find myself staring at him, eying is hair, wishing I could kiss his lips. I don't even know if I really have those kinds of feelings for him. I just want to kiss him, just to know what it's like.
"What are you looking at?" Jaida laughs, snapping a finger in front of my face.
Jan jumps in seeing me blush. "Gigi got a crush?"
I cover my cheeks as they go hot. "I was just spacing out." I mutter.
Jaida nudges me. "We're just joking Gigi don't be so serious."

Crystal POV-
"I'm not being serious." Gigi claims, but their face looks angry. God their adorable.
How do I describe the way I feel about them? I don't know if it's platonic or romantic. The only thing I know is I want to be near them, and I want their arms around me. And honestly, it doesn't matter if that's romantic or not, I just want to be warm, to lay together and watch a movie. And then I find myself day dreaming and force myself to look the other way so I don't get called out like Gigi did.
When lunch is over it's time to put on drag and start filming again. We do the madonna part first and film the runways second which takes the pressure off after the first performance. I know I'm going to do good, but that's what I thought during snatch game too. I tell myself to shut up and just focus on the task at hand. Like Gigi said, snatch game doesn't matter. I'm going to do good tonight. I can just feel it.
    The whole time I'm performing I feel like I'm standing on the top of the world. Everything is going so well and the judges are eating it up, loving every second of it. I stand backstage during Gigi's set and god she's so good. Everything about the outfit is perfect. Plus, how did I not know she could do a back handspring?! I mean there's no reason I need to know, I just can't get over how good she does.
    After that we both do our runway looks, and I'm extremely proud of both of us. I can not tell you how my insides screamed when I saw her in that light blue bikini. I've never seen anyone so absolutely stunning.
    By the end of the 12 hour day it's finally time for the judges critiques. When they get to Jan I can just feel her disappointment. We all know before they say it. Safe. Before she turns we all she the look on her face, sheer and utter disbelief. I feel bad for her, this was supposed to be her win. But I have to remember it's a competition and this is good for me. And then they get to Gigi and I have an excuse to look at her too. Blonde hair almost down to her waist, tickling her spine and I want to wrap it around my fingers, kiss her fake eyelashes and her lips. And there she is now, smiling so big, a winner again. I have butterflies I'm so excited for her.
    Then, it's my turn. "Crystal?"
    "Yes."
    "I'm really proud of you. And this uptick that you're on."
    "Thank you." I say. I've really done it, impressed them.
    "Don't fall back." Michelle finishes.
    I nod, trying not to smile too much. "I won't." And I make a silent promise in my head, that no matter what I will continue to do good in this competition. I owe it to myself.
    Back stage Gigi pulls me into a tight hug, still in the blue bikini I might add which definitely made my stomach do a somersault. "You did so good!" She squeals. "Ah! Crystal Methyd! Crystal Methyd!" She says over and over. "I'm so proud of you!"
    I hug her back and can't help but jump a little bit. "You're the winner!" I exclaim. "I'm so proud of you!"
    Jaida and Jan look over at us and I can see them whispering. Whatever, let them whisper. They don't know anything.
    Gigi hugs me some more until we decide we'd better take all the drag off and head back to the hotel. It's been such a long day, 13 hours of filming. The queens don't talk too much as we take off our drag and it's clear that everyone is exhausted. Safe to say I don't think we're going to any parties tonight. Honestly, that's good I just want to go to bed.