Date Night Part 1

Y/N POV

I'm with Frank and the kids just about every single day now, so you'd think I wouldn't be nervous for this date, right?

HAHAHAHAHA, wrong. I'm so nervous I could puke. 

My sister, Lindsey, is over right now to help me get ready and watch the kids once Frank picks me up. She's been trying to reassure me that everything will be okay, better than okay, but I still worry. I'm not sure why, but I do. I just don't want to lose him.

"Stop worrying!" Lindsey yelled as she bopped my head with my hairbrush.

"Ow, rude." I glared at her in the mirror. The kids are downstairs eating pizza aka their dinner. Lindsey brought it over, which was honestly relieving.

"Well, that's what you get for worrying. You've got this, girl. From what I've heard about him so far, you're going to have the best night of your life." She smiled as she continued to work on my hair. "Tell me more about him, what don't I know?"

"Um, well, you already know the basics." I mumbled. "Well, he has the cutest little laugh and his eyes sparkle when he's happy. He used to have his nose and lip pierced, which was pretty hot to be honest. I don't know, what do you want to know?"

"What's your absolute favorite thing about him?" She asked as she finished the last part of my hair.

"I love how he makes us feel, not just me, but the kids too. They were so young when Mikey died so they've never really had that figure in their lives. They used to ask about him almost every night and now that Frank is around, it's become very rare. It's like he finally filled that gap that has been missing in all of us."

We were both silent for a moment. Everything I said was true though. Frank has mended the broken hearts left behind by that dreadful accident, and his children helped as well.

"I remember when I introduced you to Mikey. God, you two were so young. You wanna know something though?" I looked up at her in response, "Mikey would have wanted this. Also, I can tell just by how much your face lights up when you talk about him that you two were meant to find each other."

She wiped away the tears that slowly ran down my face, and in that moment I was thankful we did my hair first. What she said was right though, and I knew it deep within my soul that she was right. Life fucks you over, but sometimes shit works out again.

"No more tears, we have to finish getting you ready. He'll be here in an hour!" She wiped away a stray tear of her own and grabbed her makeup bag. "Let's get you all dolled up."

Frank POV

I ran my hands through my hair nervously as I tore apart my closet. I wanted to impress her, but what would be too much? I don't want to look like a bum, even though she's seen me before coffee, but I don't want to look too formal.

"Dude, quit stressing." Ray stood up and walked over to my closet, lightly pushing me out of the way, then began searching.

"Hey, rude." I rolled my eyes. I don't understand why I'm so nervous. We literally sleep in the same bed all the time, why am I nervous to go on a date?

"Wear this. Not too formal, but still you." Ray said as he handed me a black button-up shirt and black jeans. "Now quit with the hair or you will look like a bum."

"I'm just really nervous, man. I don't want to screw this up." I sat down on the bed and sighed.

"Frank, you and I both know that's near impossible. You and Y/N are both head over heels in love with each other and you aren't even official. you'll be fine." He sat next to me and patted me on the back. 

"I just don't want to lose her, Ray. After losing Jamia, I was lost, more-so than the girls. Now that Y/N has entered our lives, that pain is gone. Miles know what it's like to have a mother again and Lily doesn't cry for her mom every night. Cherry's tantrums have almost completely gone away and I- I don't feel lost anymore. I don't feel empty. I don't know how she managed to do it, but the woman completely fucking healed me."

"I know, I can tell. Your eyes are doing their little sparkle thing." He chuckled. "What is your favorite thing about her?"

"That. Exactly that. She mended our broken hearts. Her and her kids entered our lives so effortlessly and fixed us." I paused for a moment, "Also, her smile. It's enough to light up the room, and her face practically glows when she's happy."

"You two were meant for each other." Ray smiled at me. I thought about his words and smiled back even wider. "Now go get dressed, you have to leave soon. I need to go start dinner like the housewife I am."

We laughed as he stood up and left the room. I shook my head and walked to the bathroom with the clothes in my hand. I stripped out of what I was wearing earlier and threw the new clothes on.

I looked in the mirror and was impressed. Ray was right, it was pretty perfect. I fixed my hair that was thrown all about, then brushed my teeth. Bad breath plus date equals awful. 

When I walked out of the bathrooms, a new sense of relief washed over me. I felt the confidence return. 

"Alright, I'm heading out. You three be good for your Uncle Ray, okay?" I kissed them each on the head as they all mumbled an 'okay.'

"Here, take my car. It's probably better date material than yours." Ray winked at me as he handed me his keys.

"Thanks." I chuckled, "Alright, see you all later." 

Y/N POV

"You look hot." Lindsey smirked. She wasn't wrong, I did look pretty damn good tonight. "He's gonna be here soon, lets get downstairs."

I followed her downstairs and immediately heard the kids gasp as they saw me.

"Mommy! You look like a princess!" Kat screamed. I chuckled at her compliment.

"Thank you, honey. You two please be good for your Aunt Lindsey and please take your vitamins because I know how you, Katarina May, do not like to take them." I pointed at her.

"Yes, mom." They both groaned.

"I love you both so much." I kissed the both on the cheeks and turned away.

"Wait, mom!" Jasper called out from behind me. I turned around and crouched down to his level. "I hope you and daddy have a good dinner." He wrapped his small arms around me quickly, then ran back to Kat.

As I stood back up, I heard the doorbell ring. He's here.