Chapter 7

Jimmy's POV

So we've been on the road for about a month now, and also a month since Leana and I have been apart. I've been trying to talk to Scherry, but all I've been getting is small talk. Maybe I should talk to her? Or Charlotte? Should I ask Brian to talk to them? I don't know. I decided that I would go for a walk while the guys were setting up, hoping that something would come to mind. I actually ended up running into Val and Michelle while I was figuring out what to do.

"Hey Jimmy" they approached me.
"Hey ladies. Do you mind if I ask you a weird question?" I asked.
"Of course! What's on your mind?" I sat down with them.
"So you both know that I broke up with Leana, right? And the person who actually helped me come to that realization is such a sweet and kind person, and I though we had a genuine connection. But now I'm just getting small talk from her." I explained. I tried not to tell them that it was Scherry since I had just broken it off with Leana only a month ago. But they ended up asking anyways, so the cat was let out of the bag.
"Jimmy, I'm glad you broke it off with her. We all saw how terribly she treated you. As for Scherry, you might want to as her yourself as to why she's been giving you the cold shoulder." Val explained.
"Yeah, I understand that, but I was hoping if you guys had any idea why she's become like this?" I pried.
"Sorry, we really don't know her all to well. But usually when a woman stops talking to you like that it's usually because of another woman in the picture." Michelle responded.
"But I ended it with her!!" I was getting frustrated.

"Maybe she doesn't now that!!" they both said at the same time.
My eyes were finally opened by that statement. But what would make her want to stop talking to me that would also involve Leana? The first night we met we had an hour long conversation about her and I's relationship. I continued to question the twins until they finally stopped me.

"Jimmy! Grow a pair and ask her yourself! If you want the answer to a chemistry question you're not going to look in a history book! Just get the answer from her!"
Now the next plethora of questions flooded my mind. When should I ask her? How should I ask her? Before or after the show? On her tour bus? On my tour bus? At the venue? Should I take her out? Should we get coffee? Should we go for a walk?
Val and Michelle saw that I was starting to overthink again. They both hugged me and told me that everything would be alright. I thanked them excessively.
"Listen, if you ever need to talk we're always here for you Jimmy. And the best time to ask her would be after the show, grab some coffee, and go on a walk. Talk things out, and don't be afraid to ask you questions. What's the worst that can happen?" Michelle said.

"Thanks guys." I hugged them again.
I walked back to the stage to do sound check, switching my mindset to perform. I didn't have the time to worry about this now since show time was in about 2 hours.

Scherry's POV

I tuned up my guitar and continued to practice in the hallway before the stage when Syn walked by me. I haven't seen the guys as much as I would have liked to during the tour. But the few interactions I've had with them were with Jimmy and those kind of made me feel uncomfortable.
"Hey girlie, it's been a while." He greeted me. I was happy to see him, Brian is such a sweetheart. "Hey Bri! How've you been? How is tour going for you guys so far?" I asked him.
He let out a sigh of relief. "Everything is great! Nothing but great crowds every night. It's all been running relatively smoothly now. Val and Michelle are on crew, Lace and Gena call every night..." My stomach started to churn when he started talking about the women since I knew he was going to say something about Leana. My happy peppy attitude faded away as he reached the end of his sentence. And he definitely noticed that.
"Hey what's wrong??" He asked.
"Nothing's wrong." I said sharply.
"Oh come on where'd that smile go? Come on Scher, you can tell me." He sat down next to me and took my guitar.
I was silent, but not because I didn't want to talk, but because I was trying to plan what I was going to say without it sounding selfish.
"Does it have something to do with one of the girlfriends?" Syn asked carefully. I just looked down at the floor and made a face, which confirmed his suspicions. Then he realized that it was about Leana.
"Scherry, does this have to do with Leana and Jimmy?" I looked back up at him with a frown on my face and nodded. "Oh sweetie, what's been on your mind?? You can tell me, I promise I won't say anything to Jimmy unless you tell me to." He said as he pulled me into a hug which made my eyes start to tear up.
When he pulled away they started to fall. "Well, do you remember a few months ago at the kick off party when Jimmy and I went on a walk together? He opened up to me about a lot of things, and I definitely know that there is a lot more that I don't know about, but I'm sure you do. But, he was telling me all these horrible things about her and about himself and I though I had convinced him to break it off with her because she was torturing him, but when he walked into the restaurant with her... I just felt so betrayed. I care about him so much." I ranted and ranted, but after that it was all sobs. I cried into Brian's shoulder for a good five minutes before I started to let up.
"Scherry, I don't think you realize what you've done for Jimmy and how much he's missed you." He explained. I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"
His eyes widened. "You don't know..." Brian said. "What? What don't I know??" I grabbed at his jacket. "The night that we all went to the restaurant, Jimmy came to talk to me and he broke it off with her that night. He kept saying that you such a great help and that he was so grateful that he met you." He explained to me. "That's why you've been so quiet around Jimmy. It's because you thought that he was still with her." He shot up.

I was so overwhelmed. I smiled at the fact that Jimmy took my advice and made a change for the betterment of himself. Brian sat back down next to me. "Scherry, you have no idea how much Jimmy has been thinking and talking about you and how you made him feel that night. He's miserable not talking to you!" He explained.
I then realized that I had been hurting him every time that I was off-set towards him. And he had no idea how I was feeling either. "Oh my god, Syn, I need to talk to him." I got up and grabbed my guitar and started to head towards the exit but I was stopped by one of our roadies, telling me that we were on in 15 minutes!
I ran back to Brian and told him not to say anything to Jimmy and that I would take care of everything after the show. I hugged him tightly and thanked him, and I made my way to the stage.